2nd Trimester
Options

Issues with sex (sorry for the TMI)

jasi704jasi704 member
edited October 2013 in 2nd Trimester
I feel goofy even talking about this, but I hope I'm not the only one out there feeling like this! I'm about 22 weeks, and I'd say for the past two months I've had no sex drive whatsoever. I don't know if it's because I just feel kinda fat and unattractive or if it's something with my hormones or  a mix of both. But it's definitely driving my husband crazy. We still have sex (not as regularly as before, but still), and yes it feels good for the most part, but it's just not the same as before pregnancy. Is anyone else going through a similar situation?

Re: Issues with sex (sorry for the TMI)

• Options
    I started feeling that way around 36 weeks.. If I were you I'd take advantage of the time you still have before every single position is miserable!
  • Options
    You are not alone. I just don't have any desire for sex anymore. Hopefully, that will change.
    BabyFetus Ticker imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am the opposite. I have a stronger sex drive but getting comfortable enough to take advantage has been a challenge. I got big fast, and it's already pretty uncomfortable for the most part, and only a couple of positions are comfortable enough.
    imageimage

• Options
    It hasn't been as bad for me with this pregnancy but when I was pregnant with DS, I basically had to force myself to have sex with DH just so we could remain intimate.  I was totally not in the mood.  I think it's totally normal for your sex drive to change during pregnancy.  Some women say they're super horny, others don't want anything to do with it.  
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I've had zero sex drive as well. We're also finding it difficult to find a position that I like and don't feel like im squishing the baby.
  • Options
    I haven't had ANY desire for sex since the first few weeks of pregnancy. I thought my sex drive would have kicked back into gear by now but nothing... In my head I'm freaking out and thinking... OMG... my poor husband, I should just have sex with him already but physically I just don't want to. We still have sex but the frequency has decreased by like 50%. Also, I find that my stuff (yes, down there) is much more sensitive and not in a pleasant way so maybe that has something to do with it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had zero sex drive with my first and zero sec drive this time around so far. With my first, my sex drive didn't return to normal, honestly until about 2 yrs post partum when our LO really started sleeping through the night consistently and I lost the baby weight and was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think this is the norm. I did experience a mild post partum depression, but if it does take that long for you for it to return, you aren't alone.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Options
    i had zero sex drive, but now im 25 weeks, and he has shown so much desire...its interesting because he's all googly eyes over me...it's actually much better than him now..he says its different...but you are not alone...i have had no sex drive for a while, then suddenly, a big boost
    Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
  • Options
    I had no sex drive for the first 7 weeks. I'm four months now and it's come back but not full throttle lol.
  • Options
    It's been the same for all 3 of my pregnancies. I just have sex with my husband because I feel bad for him if I don't!  Sometimes he complains that I'm not into it, but I seriously am so irritable sometimes. And like a pp said, if your sex drive doesn't come back soon after having the baby it's normal. It took awhile for mine.  I felt like I totally changed as a person, and now having 2 kids I feel needed all the time by someone whether it was my 3-year-old wanting attention, the baby needing breastfed, or my husband wanting sex. It's hard!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm am in the same boat. I am 22 weeks pregnant and since day 1 I have had no sex drive what so ever. If it happens its because I feel bad and want to make him happy.

Emma Rae due March 16, 2014 <3

November Siggy Challenge- Men In Sweaters

• Options
    I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in this.  I feel so bad for my husband when I know he needs the closeness and stress relief, but sometimes... I don't even want to move.  Bleh. x.x

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    We've only had sex a handful of times in the last few months. Fortunately, my husband is a very understanding man.
  • Options
    With my first, i was pretty horny. This time. Zilch. Its better the earlier in the day. If we wait too long I'm exhausted and don't have the energy. DH is getting better at understanding this. Sometimes on the weekends in the morning when DS comes bouncing in, we let him watch cartoons downstairs so we have a few moments of intimate time. I felt guilty at first, then I was like- Nope, hubby needs this.
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy, it's twins and I'm 12 weeks.  At first, I had ZERO sex drive, but I was also pretty sick and lost some weight and did nothing but sleep.  But about 2 weeks ago, the sex dreams started and I got pretty horny.  We were doing it every day or every other day (or twice a day) for awhile.  It's dropped back off again from a mental standpoint ... but my body still reacts and seems to be ready to go even though my brain is turned off.  Weird!

Mary (33) and Michael (33)

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2002, Married 4/10/10     TTC #1 June 2011; LAP and tubes flushed in Dec

2012: 6 Clomid Cycles, all BFN;    RE consult Nov 2012: SIS (all clear)

2013: 3 Femara Cycles with IUI, all BFN      August 2013: Follistim/Ovidrel = 3 Follies, IUI on 8/29.

BFP!!!!! 1st Beta = 204 on 9/12/13 2nd Beta = 774 on 9/15/13!!

First U/S 10/1/13 - It's TWINS!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Huge sex drive here until we had it. Not what I wanted!!!! My belly is too muh in the way, I felt like a cow and I couldn't get off. Now not interested at all.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    i am the same, very little sex drive atm 
  • Options
    This is my 2nd pregnancy. I am 14 weeks and I have had zero sex drive since I found out I was prego. Iweve had sex twice since them and I just can barley get into it. Plus both times I had bleeding afterward and when I went into my apt my dr said I had the placenta laying on my cervix which causes bleeding, so he says no sex until it moves up further! Yea for me! Boo for hubby. He's been very understanding about it though thankfully. Even though I know it irritates him sometimes lol. For me I think it's the hormones. I don't really feel ugly or fat, just not in the mood. :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I too have had no sex drive! During my frat trimester it was much worse because I was ill the entire time and felt like if I moved I woul vomit everywhere. I explained to my partner how crumby I felt, and he was very understanding. His understanding made me want to show him how appreciative I was of him, so on nights I didn't want to, but didnt feel as nauseous I would have sex with him. I think it's important to keep the intimacy. Lately I've had more drive, so we've been taking advantage of that. He bought me some lingerie that didnt constrict the baby bump and I couldn't believe how much sexier I felt, it made sex a lot more pleasurable!
  • Options
    I have had absolutely no sex drive since I got pregnant. No libido what so ever. Poor DH! I'm hoping it gets better soon because I know he is getting frustrated by it. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    Sex what's that ;)
    My dh is a saint
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"