Breastfeeding
Options

High palate?

My son was born with a tongue tie, lip tie, and high palate. We has the tongue and lip ties fixed yesterday by a pedi dentist who used laser. I knew that this was not going to solve all our breastfeeding issues, but I thought it would at least make it a little better. I feel like nothing is changed. When I feed him, my nipple comes out compressed and it's very painful. He still dimples in his checks when he sucks. I can't seem to get him to flange his lips out. I know I need to get him to get a deeper latch with the high palate but it just seems impossible. Maybe his mouth is too small to get a deep latch? I want to be able to breastfeed but now I'm starting to think its just not a possibility. Maybe is should just ep. I already want to throw my pump out the window but maybe breastfeeding isn't for us. The past 7.5 weeks I have seen countless IBCLCs, gone to numerous support groups, pumped 8-10 times a day, and have struggled with poor milk transfer with a nipple shield.

Re: High palate?

• Options
    I've tried laid bac several times and have never been successful in that position. I haven't tried LLL leader yet. I looked up the meetings but the one around me doesn't meet until the second sat of the month. Should I call her anyways?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"