January 2014 Moms

Can you breathe when you wake up?

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited October 2013 in January 2014 Moms
That is...if you ever finally fall asleep at this point in the pregnancy...
I learned I have to prop myself up so my head is lying higher than the rest of my body or else it feels like my diaphragm is completely squished and I can't take a deep breath.
Even if I sit on the couch with both legs to my side, I'll get up and my breathing is short and kind of labored. I got lightheaded this morning when I went to get DS breakfast.
I remember feeling a bit like this with my first, but this time, it is worse. I must be carrying higher..??
Anyone else feel like this? What works?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Can you breathe when you wake up?

• I think my lungs are all cramped up because I find myself coughing a little bit when I get up in the morning. I'm always out of breath though, and I think that's to do with my lungs too! 
  • I constantly feel like I'm short of breath lately. Especially at night when I can't take a deep breath.

• Loading the player...
  • HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    edited October 2013

I can breathe when I walk, but the question I have to ask myself is: Can I make it to where I need to walk to without peeing in my pants? OMG. It's the weirdest thing, I can't walk for too long or I will seriously have some problems. I feel like if I were to take one more step, I would pee in my pants.

ETA: Whoa! I apparently can't read. I read the op as "can you breathe when you walk?" I'm special. Sorry!

Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • I feel like my lungs are compressed when I wake up and it kind of hurts when I try to breathe deeply. I try not to get panicky bc I get nervous when I can't breathe and feel confined. So weird.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"