Infertility

o~o~October Precious Pumpkins Thursday Check-in~o~o

Twinkie0612Twinkie0612 member
edited November 2013 in Infertility

Welcome to the October Precious Pumpkins Check-In!  Check-Ins every Monday and Thursday.

This is a check-in for those who are doing IVF/IVM or FET with an ER/ET scheduled for October. If you are interested in joining, please fill us in on your cycle below (# IVF cycle, where you are in the process, relevant dates, etc.)  Be sure to update along the way!

Check in leaders for the month are:  Sorrellam30 (Monday) Twinkie0612 (Thursday)

Siggy image 

QOTD:  Happy Halloween! What is your favorite Halloween Candy? 

BFPS:
geordie314 FET #1.2 10/2
katekat8721 IVF w/ICSI #1 (positive FRER)
FutureMrsW9 FET #1 (positive FRER)
sarah_beth2005 (Positive test)
Cinnamonrollcupcake IVF #1
JJPerez927 IVF #1
AJC&Maggie (Positive Beta)
 Mindy71 IVF #1 (Positive Beta)
Alexandra1513 IVF #1 (Positive Beta)
Blueyecris FET (Positive Beta)
Twinkie0612 IVF w/ICSI #2 (Positive Beta)
kjf114 FET #2 10/25 (Positive FRER)
ball.and.chain FET #2 mid-late Oct (Positive HPT)

BFNS:
Mich1724 FET((Hugs)) 
MJ1323 FET #1 Oct 3 ((Hugs))
RunCC37 IVF #1 ((Hugs))
Jill Wheat IVF #1 ((Hugs))
Berries555 ((Hugs))
BLISS KISS ((Hugs))

October Angels:
Sorrellam30
babydreams13

Cancelled/Delayed:
jbasore1123 IVF #1 Good Luck in November!
katib77 IVF w/ICSI #1 Good Luck with your FET!
firesiren FET #1  ((hugs))
ttc23 FET Good Luck in November!
Lm92599 FET Good Luck
loveblacklab IVF #2 FET Good Luck
WindyCity33 (Hugs)
O2girl FET  Good Luck in November!  
DoublePortion ((hugs))
Neesey FET #1 ((hugs))

FET:
MrsC430 FET #2 moved up to Sept. GL!
Toriables FET #1 10/7
RG0405 FET 10/24
cachoque FET #2 10/11
Rixx0207 FET #3 10/23

In the 2ww:
RGO405 FET #1
mccall0113 FET 10/21
princessisadora FET
walker14 FET #1
Kristinwhit FET 10/23
tigger99 IVF #1

Between ER/ET:
VioletteGrayskies IVF #1
weeklyplanner IVF w/ICSI #2
babydreams13 IVF #2
hopefulsprout IVF #1
christia10 IVF #1
amwenz IVF #1
missusw218 IVF #1
Jzyla IVF #1

Stimming/Priming:
MarisaOC
kari3629 IVF #1
alicat0121 IVF #3 
Sunny B IVF w/ICSI #1.2
Smals 
muddyriver IVF #2

Prep (BCP/Lupron/EPP):
carey&sam IVF #1
Waiting to start cycle:

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

Re: o~o~October Precious Pumpkins Thursday Check-in~o~o

• Loading the player...
  • Yay Twinkie!!!! Screw that old digital, don't trust it!!! Fingers crossed for a great beta today :) so excited for you!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Hiya Pumpkins! @Twinkie0612 GL!

First day bak to work after ET, lets see how it goes. I have been cramping since ET and having backaches. I think the backaches may be due to my butt being sore of all the progesterone shots. I have been praying and talking to my two little morulas every chance I get.
    The embryologist called on Tuesday to let us know that although one of the other embies made it to blast and was hatching it wasn't "great" quality for freeze. I took this as a silver lining if that little one was just a mere grade III 8 cell embie on day 5 made it to blast, my little morulas are gonna be lil ass kickers!

QOTW: Its not really a Halloween candy perse but I love all the pumpkin goodness this season brings...Just glad I was able to fully enjoy a whole caff pumpkin latter before transfer
    *Losses mentioned*
    Me: 34 DH:32
    TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    HSG = tubes clear, bicornuate or septate ute; MRI= severe arcuate uterus no septum seen 
    SA #1 low count, low morph;  SA#2 4% Morph, count OK  SA#3 july 2014= NORMAL!!!
    9/2013  IUI#1 w/Clomid 100mg = over response; cycle converted to cryoocyte IVF
    IVF #1: 9/15 ER= 9 mature eggs, all eggs made it thru vitrification
    10/23 ICSI 6 fertilized; 10/28 5dt of two morulas. Hold on to me babies, stick, stick, stick!!
    11/6 BFP EDD 7/14/14 Beta #1= 18; 11/9 Beta #2= 44.8; 11/12 Beta #3= 7 = Early loss @4w6d. No frosties
    Feb 2014 Hysterscopy = no septum seen ute all clear in the inside
     IUI #1.1 4/2/14 Beta on 4/16 BFN
    Thinking about IUI #2  RE advised to try 3?????
    Natural cycle surprise BFP 8/3/14 EDD 4/11/15  beta#1(8/5/14)=35 Beta#2(8/8/14)=22  CP/Early loss@5w
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• @Sunny B Good luck with your ER, FX for lots of mature eggs!

I'm not too worried about the negative on a digital.  I am only 13 DPO, so it could still be early for a positive digi.  The line on my FRER is just as dark as yestday's and my wondfo was darker. 

My poor husband, who is usually more positive out of the two of us, is so nervous about our beta results.  He's afraid that the tests were wrong and it was just the trigger shot showing up as positive (my obsessive testing out of the trigger must have rubbed off on him).  I had to reassure him that at 14 (now 15) days past the trigger, there is almost no chance that it is the trigger and that if it was the line wouldn't be that dark.   

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• @princessisadora You transferred the best of your embies, so I'm sure they are doing great!  I only had one embryo make it to blast and nothing to freeze and my one little blast turned out to be our little rockstar!

I enjoyed my last caffeinated coffee the day before transfer.  I had tried to cut out caffeine once I started stims, but I cheated a few times.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Good morning, Pumpkins! Happy Halloween!

@SunnyB - GL with your ER!

@Twinkie0612 - FX for an excellent beta!

@princessisadora - stick, embies, stick!

I had ER yesterday, and RE retrieved 8 eggs. Not quite the number I was hoping for (each ultrasound showed 18+ follies), but... my nurse called later to let me know that all 8 were mature, and all 8 fertilized with ICSI. This morning, I heard from my nurse again that all 8 made it through the night, so that seems like more great news!

I started my estradiol pills last night, and endometrin this morning. Question about endometrin - does that dissolve completely? Or do I have to fish it out before putting in the next one? Anyone know?

It looks like ET will be Saturday or Monday at this point :)

QOTD - I always LOVED the fun sized Snickers bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I would eat those first, so no one could take them from my pillowcase :)

Does anyone remember those waxy candies with fruit juice inside?? I always thought those were nasty :( and I remember getting tons of Smarties, Blow Pops and Tootsie Roll Pops.
  • Hi ladies!

So excited to see such a long list of names in the BFP column!  Congrats to those with good news, and thinking of those who are disappointed.

I'm back at work today after two days of bed rest following FET on 10/29.  I'm a nervous wreck and feeling very jittery.  All the sugar I'm consuming w/ Halloween treats isn't helping. :)

Trying to decide how long I can hold off w/out taking a HPT.  

Good luck to the others in the 2ww!
    Me 32/DH 36
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 6/12
    TTC since 8/12
    HSG/MRI in 2/13 showed unicornuate uterus
    Depot Lupron 3/13-7/13
    IVF#1 8/13; 3 embryos frozen
    FET #1 10/13 BFN
    Moving on to GC w/ transfer hopefully Summer '14
    IVF #2 3/14

• @Twinkie0612 - so excited about your positive! Can't wait to hear the beta results!

@sunnyb  - good luck with your ER! Thinking of you!

princessisadora and tigger99 - good luck with your 2ww! That's the part that made me the craziest.

missusw218  - that's a great fertility report! Congrats!

geordie314  - I hope you have a peaceful relaxing weekend. I know it is hard to wait.

kjf114  - congrats on the dark lines on the stick. :)

walker14  - good luck in your 2ww too! From my personal experience (I am NO expert!) try and hold off on peeing for as long as possible. Even though those early negatives aren't always true, they are so disappointing to see. I still haven't taken any sort of HPT since I got my positive beta. The negative on the stick was just so depressing to me.

• As for me, just trying to keep myself busy before next Tuesday's ultrasound. I am extremely exhausted and waking up sick in the middle of the night. Not fun, but totally worth it in the long run.

This weekend I have to drive 4 hours to take our dogs to my husband's parents (he is out there already as he works in that area) so he can hunt with them. I am planning on lots of nap and knitting time in the car as I wait for him and the dogs to do their thing.

QOTD: Snickers, by far, are my favorite. I also like bit o' honey, milk duds, and malted milk balls. :)

Today I am so tired that I'm not sure if I will give out candy. It's that middle of the night stuff making me exhausted.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! Happy Halloween!

• I am still waiting for my call.  I had my blood draw at 7:00 am, now I am getting nervous...

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Hello gals, I'm still waiting for beta this Monday, 11/4. Have a lot of anxiety building up and have been resisting POAS. I feel DH and I have made the right decision not to test before beta, however it's still very tempting!
    I had some cramping and a little spotting on and off at 3 and 4 days post transfer. It stopped for the following day and came back again yesterday. So I don't know what it means. I have been feeling bloated as well...
    I'm hoping more of us can join the BFPs list. It's just so wonderful.
    Hugs to those who need them this week.

Qotd: love Starburst! And Kitkat!
  • I am still waiting for my call.  I had my blood draw at 7:00 am, now I am getting nervous...
    Where did you go? Don't be nervous the time of call doesn't matter. Hang in there.
    I went to Mobap.  I figured they should be able to process the test pretty quickly, they did for E2 draws.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

Where did you go? Don't be nervous the time of call doesn't matter. Hang in there.
    I went to Mobap.  I figured they should be able to process the test pretty quickly, they did for E2 draws.
    That's where I went both cycles too, one cycle they were late the other super early, but one of my E2 draws they didn't fax and Jamie had to go.looking for it, hope you get the call soon.

Thanks.  I am confident that it is positive, but I really want to know the number.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• ***Warning***

Happy Halloween pumpkins!
    Hope all of you are doing well! Congrats to all of the BFPs! Best wishes to all of those in the 2WW and doing transfers! And hugs to those who have received disappointing news.

Not much of an update for me - I have been feeling pretty good and just waiting patiently (rather, trying to wait patiently :) ) for first ultrasound next Thursday.

QOTD: All of this talk of Halloween candy is making me hungry! My favorites are Twix and Kit Kats. Yum! :)
    Baby girl born 6/2/14
    2nd baby due 5/15/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Beta #1 is in 14.6.  I was hoping for a little higher.  Now I begin the long wait until Monday for Beta #2.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• hi ladies!  Sending positive thoughts to all who have betas coming up in the next few days - I hope you get your BFPs!! 

I am 6wk1day, with two happy little beans confirmed by our u/s on Monday.  Have to wait until the 15th for our next u/s, but cannot wait to hear the heartbeats (praying that there's still two there by then...)

KateKat - My 1st u/s on Monday showed 2, which was a bit of a surprise since my beta numbers were strong for a single baby, but the nurse didn't think they meant twins.  boy was she surprised when she found out on Monday!  Good luck on your u/s!!

QOTD:  Reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite, hands down.

TTC since July 2011

Me(33): normal HSG; diagnosed with mild PCOS

DH(35): normal SA

*6 cycles no meds, July-Dec. 2011, all BFN

*Clomid for 3 cycles, Jan-March 2011: BFP March 2011

*MC at 6 weeks

*2 cycles off

*Started TTC again July 2012 with Clomid, 6 cycles from July-Dec. 2012, all BFN

*1 cycle no meds: BFN

*1 cycle Femara: BFN

*1st RE visit March 2013 - first IUI in April 2013 with Femara, Menopur, and Novarel (BFN); second IUI in May 2013, same protocol (BFN); two cycle break;  third IUI in August 2013, same protocol (BFN)

*1st IVF cycle, October 2013 (Synarel, Menopur (75 iu), and Gonal-F (150 iu)) -- BFP!!  Saw two babies at our 5wk5d u/s on Oct. 28th!  EDD=June 25, 2014

• Twinkie0612 Why are they making you wait until Monday?  Can you go in on Saturday during monitoring since it's just a blood draw??  At least then you wouldn't be mentally (or maybe even physically) pacing while you wait so long.  Or maybe there's a reason they want you to wait until Monday...
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Hi all! Happy Halloween!! We are 5 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant! my second beta came in at 3266 and we have the 3rd beta and second ultrasound tommorw.  I am really hoping to get to hear the heart beat but they said it still might be to early. FX

Good Luck to everyone and lets keep those BPF coming!!!

TTC #1 since June 2013

Me: 24
    DH: 26 Very Low Count (only 15 active), Low Testosterone

IVF with ICSI in October
    ER - 10-6-13  12 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized
    ET  - 10-11-13
    BFP - 10-23-2013
    Beta #1 (14dp5dt)- 1122
    Beta #2 (17dp5dt) - 3266

imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Twinkie0612 Why are they making you wait until Monday?  Can you go in on Saturday during monitoring since it's just a blood draw??  At least then you wouldn't be mentally (or maybe even physically) pacing while you wait so long.  Or maybe there's a reason they want you to wait until Monday...

@futuremrsw9 I am not sure why they wait so long for the second betas. I bought me some FRERs on the way home which should help ease my mind over the weekend. Now I just have to focus on the fact that I am pregnant and my positive beta confirmed this.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Wow, that's an awesome BFP list!  My beta is tom., but I'm 99% sure I'm out.  I POAS at 6dp5dt and there wasn't even a hint of a line. I just don't feel anything either. Either way, I'm glad I prepared myself this time rather than waiting for beta.  

TTC #1 since Feb. 2011/Me 30, DH 37

Unexplained

Nov. 2012-IUI #1-Femara 2.5 mg, Ovidrel=BFN

Jan. 2013-IUI #2-Femara 2.5 mg, Ovidrel, 1 follie=BFN

Feb. 2013-IUI #3-Clomid 50 mg on CD5 only, 2 follies=BFN

IVF#1 (4/13)-19 retrieved, 18 mature, 16 fertilized w/ ICSI=lucky #7 frosties

ET cancelled due to OHSS

FET #1 June 2013/transferred 2=Chemical

FET #2 August 2013/transferred 2=Chemical

FET #3 October 2013=BFN

IVF#2 (2/14)-17 retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized w/ ICSI, 3 blasts, PGS= all 3 abnormal

IVF#3 (5/14)-13 retrieved, 11 mature, 9 fertilized w/ ICSI, 2 blasts, PGS=both abnormal

IVF#4 (8/14)-5-day transfer of 2 embies=BFP! (8/28/14) beta 99

U/S #1 (6 wks, 2 days)=1 bean, U/S#2 (8 weeks, 2 days)=180 HB, U/S #3 (10 weeks)=measuring 10 wks, 2 days

@futuremrsw9 I am not sure why they wait so long for the second betas. I bought me some FRERs on the way home which should help ease my mind over the weekend. Now I just have to focus on the fact that I am pregnant and my positive beta confirmed this.
    They won't do them on a weekend!  Congrats @Twinkie0612 you are pregnant! My first beta was Thursday so I had the weekend too, its a killer, hope you can keep yourself busy and watch those lines get darker.

@geordie314 Work will probably keep me busy this weekend and I am stocked up on HPTs. I am sure the cashier at Walgreens thought I was nuts buying 2 packs of FRERs and a box of digis. She rang me up and said, "wow that's expensive." I said' "not as expensive as IVF."

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Rixx0207 said:

Wow, that's an awesome BFP list!  My beta is tom., but I'm 99% sure I'm out.  I POAS at 6dp5dt and there wasn't even a hint of a line. I just don't feel anything either. Either way, I'm glad I prepared myself this time rather than waiting for beta.  

Here is hoping that 6dp5dt was too early! GL tomorrow !
    *Losses mentioned*
    Me: 34 DH:32
    TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    HSG = tubes clear, bicornuate or septate ute; MRI= severe arcuate uterus no septum seen 
    SA #1 low count, low morph;  SA#2 4% Morph, count OK  SA#3 july 2014= NORMAL!!!
    9/2013  IUI#1 w/Clomid 100mg = over response; cycle converted to cryoocyte IVF
    IVF #1: 9/15 ER= 9 mature eggs, all eggs made it thru vitrification
    10/23 ICSI 6 fertilized; 10/28 5dt of two morulas. Hold on to me babies, stick, stick, stick!!
    11/6 BFP EDD 7/14/14 Beta #1= 18; 11/9 Beta #2= 44.8; 11/12 Beta #3= 7 = Early loss @4w6d. No frosties
    Feb 2014 Hysterscopy = no septum seen ute all clear in the inside
     IUI #1.1 4/2/14 Beta on 4/16 BFN
    Thinking about IUI #2  RE advised to try 3?????
    Natural cycle surprise BFP 8/3/14 EDD 4/11/15  beta#1(8/5/14)=35 Beta#2(8/8/14)=22  CP/Early loss@5w
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• princessisadora  Lots of luck with your ET too!

TTC #1 since Feb. 2011/Me 30, DH 37

Unexplained

Nov. 2012-IUI #1-Femara 2.5 mg, Ovidrel=BFN

Jan. 2013-IUI #2-Femara 2.5 mg, Ovidrel, 1 follie=BFN

Feb. 2013-IUI #3-Clomid 50 mg on CD5 only, 2 follies=BFN

IVF#1 (4/13)-19 retrieved, 18 mature, 16 fertilized w/ ICSI=lucky #7 frosties

ET cancelled due to OHSS

FET #1 June 2013/transferred 2=Chemical

FET #2 August 2013/transferred 2=Chemical

FET #3 October 2013=BFN

IVF#2 (2/14)-17 retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized w/ ICSI, 3 blasts, PGS= all 3 abnormal

IVF#3 (5/14)-13 retrieved, 11 mature, 9 fertilized w/ ICSI, 2 blasts, PGS=both abnormal

IVF#4 (8/14)-5-day transfer of 2 embies=BFP! (8/28/14) beta 99

U/S #1 (6 wks, 2 days)=1 bean, U/S#2 (8 weeks, 2 days)=180 HB, U/S #3 (10 weeks)=measuring 10 wks, 2 days

• Rixx0207 said:
    Wow, that's an awesome BFP list!  My beta is tom., but I'm 99% sure I'm out.  I POAS at 6dp5dt and there wasn't even a hint of a line. I just don't feel anything either. Either way, I'm glad I prepared myself this time rather than waiting for beta.  
    Fingers crossed that it was too early!
    TTC since May 2012
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Not much to say. I'm sure that AF is hours away. Didn't even bother with the Beta yesterday. So very disappointed. Failed IVF #2 has hit me hard.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • GL everyone! I'm almost done with week one of the 2WW. First blood test next Thurs. Had a bit of spotting today (very light) and I'm trying not to overthink it. Can't wait!!

QOTD: Dark chocolate!

*** Siggy/Ticker Warning *****
    TTC June 2011 ///  RE Jan 2013  /// DX: DH (30) - low morph, Me (30) - irregular ovulation 
    Clomid cycle March 2013 - BFN /// IUI #1 April 2013 - BFN /// IUI #2 June 2013 - BFN 
    IVF w/ICSI- Oct 2013 - ER Oct. 15 (10 mature, 6 fertilized)
    ET  Oct. 27 2013 - BFN
    FET #1 Feb. 21 2014 - BFN 
    FET #2 Jun. 5 2014 - BFP! Beta #1: 253, Beta #2: 628, u/s revealed singleton w/116 bpm! EDD 2/23/15

image image

• Hey October Lovelies, This Saturday is our transfer. Thus far all 8 of our embies are still doing great. I am on Estrace and progesterone...ugh hope it all works out. Anyway can't wait to hopefully be "pupo". Congrats to the many BFPs can't believe October is almost over. QOTD- Sixlets!!!! I love those things. :)
    For more info visit my blog: http://shockinglydomestic.com
  • Obsessive POAS lady took more HPTs this morning. FRER still has a nice line (maybe even darker than yesterday's) and my wondfos are starting to get much darker (real lines no more squinters). I am reassured that today I am still pregnant.

I told my sister yesterday and I am really kind of pissed at her reaction.  When I told her that I got my beta back and that it was 14.6 her response was "that sucks."  I told her that it wasn't really bad news, yeah it's a little low, but it is a positive result.  She has been pretty negative my whole IVF cycle and it culminated in a not very nice email exchange last week.  

First she accused my clinic of ripping me off because we only had one to transfer and that they should have transferred the one they were watching to freeze too.  She said they just wanted to freeze it so I would have to pay for another transfer.  She also thought that my doctor ordering Intralipid infusions was unnecessary since I didn't even make it to transfer the first cycle.  She thought that he is just trying to make more money off me (which is stupid because he doesn't do the infusion, the infusion center does).rhen it all came to a head, when none of my embryos made it to freeze, I told her by email.  She immediately asked me if my doctor was going to run more tests to find out why our embryos don't make it because "unexplained infertility" isn't a real diagnosis.  I don't even consider us unexplained anymore, we have a hodgepodge of issues.  I told her that there aren't more tests and that my doctor isn't going to discuss next steps yet because this cycle could work!  I then told her that I didn't need her negativity right now, that I had transferred a beautiful blast and that made me happy and I would like to just enjoy being happy. She got defensive and the exchange got heated.  I didn't tell her about my positive HPTs because I didn't trust her reaction, and it looks like I was right not to.  I only told her about the beta because I thought it might hurt her feelings since she told me about her last pregnancy right away.  We are usually so close, I hate how IF is driving a wedge between us.

Sorry for the word vomit vent.  It's been a rough 12 hours.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• mccall0113  - how are you feeling today?

Twinkie0612  - yay for being pregnant! I understand wanting the beta higher. Sometimes it is hard to see all of the higher numbers on here and wonder why it's not your number. That's how I felt at least. I'm sorry about your sister's reaction. That has to be hard on you, on top of all of the hormones.

I'm bracing myself for the onslaught of negativity from my husband's family. We aren't telling them until absolutely the latest time we dare. He had a vasectomy when he was 28, in his first marriage. Instead of being happy for us, they will question why we "had" to have a baby and tell us what we could have done with the money instead. I'm sure they will also question why we felt the need to have a baby at our "age". His children also will be less than thrilled (ages 14, 15, and 18), but not my issue. My baby brother is 19 years younger than I am and now at 23, he is my best friend.  Obviously, I'm speculating, but given my history with his family, I'm pretty sure I'm spot on. I have to spend the weekend with my in-laws this weekend. I have been feeling so crummy that I am hoping for a 48 hour burst of energy so they don't question me.

Wow! Sorry for that rant. It sure feels good to get it off my chest before I make the 4 1/2 hour, across state drive to my in-laws though. :)

Happy weekend everybody!

• @Mindy71 Rant away.  I think sometimes just putting the feelings into words is the first step to dealing with them.  I hope your husband's family surprises you with their reactions. 

We have told both of our sets parents and they are all happy for us (they already knew we were doing IVF, so not a complete surprise).  It's only been my sister that has said anything negative, most of which I assume is coming from her experience with an early m/c. 

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Twinkie0612  - Thanks! I would hope they would surprise me too, but I don't have high hopes. My MIL wore black to my wedding, even after I asked her not to, if that tells you anything.

My dad does know and is thrilled. We lost my mom unexpectedly a year ago this month, so he needed some good news. :) He also helped with some of the driving, on the days my husband and I had to be both places at once, so he did know ahead of time. It is hard news to keep secret.

I hope your sister comes around soon. I hate those wedges in relationships.

• @Twinkie0612 - hugs to you.

*** Siggy/Ticker Warning *****
    TTC June 2011 ///  RE Jan 2013  /// DX: DH (30) - low morph, Me (30) - irregular ovulation 
    Clomid cycle March 2013 - BFN /// IUI #1 April 2013 - BFN /// IUI #2 June 2013 - BFN 
    IVF w/ICSI- Oct 2013 - ER Oct. 15 (10 mature, 6 fertilized)
    ET  Oct. 27 2013 - BFN
    FET #1 Feb. 21 2014 - BFN 
    FET #2 Jun. 5 2014 - BFP! Beta #1: 253, Beta #2: 628, u/s revealed singleton w/116 bpm! EDD 2/23/15

image image

They won't do them on a weekend!  Congrats @Twinkie0612 you are pregnant! My first beta was Thursday so I had the weekend too, its a killer, hope you can keep yourself busy and watch those lines get darker.
    That's so silly, and I'm sure frustrating for you, that they wouldn't do it on the weekend.  Unless you go in for a separate appointment different than if you were going for monitoring?  My beta blood draws were exactly like any other monitoring blood draw so if mine fell on the weekend I would have gone on the weekend during monitoring hours.  Hopefully your FRERs will keep you sane until Monday!!! FX super tight for you!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
  • FutureMrsW9FutureMrsW9 member
    edited November 2013
    Twinkie0612 Why are they making you wait until Monday?  Can you go in on Saturday during monitoring since it's just a blood draw??  At least then you wouldn't be mentally (or maybe even physically) pacing while you wait so long.  Or maybe there's a reason they want you to wait until Monday...

@geordie314 Work will probably keep me busy this weekend and I am stocked up on HPTs. I am sure the cashier at Walgreens thought I was nuts buying 2 packs of FRERs and a box of digis. She rang me up and said, "wow that's expensive." I said' "not as expensive as IVF."
    If you go to Harmons, you can use the $5 off $15 purchase Bed Bath & Beyond coupons (unless they don't have these store in other states).  Between that and the $1 off coupons that already come on the FRER packs I got two 3-packs of regular FRER and a digi for about $30.  Without coupons it would have been about $45 or so....def worth it!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
  • Twinkie, your sister would really piss me off too. Who wants to hear all the negativity!?

Mindy, I hope  your H's family takes it well- but if they don't - whatever! You do you boo!
    TTC since May 2012
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"