October 2013 Moms

Is it just me and my hormones...

...but I feel insulted when people tell me DD is so cute/beautiful and then they follow it up with she looks just like her dad. Of course this comes mostly from my in-laws and everything she does is "just like her father."

Maybe it's my crazy hormones or my lack of sleep but it just makes me feel bad. Like the fact that she is cute has nothing to do with me, who post pregnancy feels anything but cute.

Are the little comments getting to anyone else or should I just grow a pair, chalk my hurt feelings up to hormones and no sleep?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is it just me and my hormones...

• Im with ya. "Oh she's do beautiful! She looks just like FI!"

UHM. Wtf guys, she looks like me too. It almost feels as if they are writing me off entirely. But it probably has a lot to do with hormones. Granted, my mom found a baby pic of me and A looks so much like me it helps me feel better.

I try to tell myself that they are just excited. but it makes it easier for me to snatch her back from them when they say unintentionally hurtful things like that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • I would say hormones.

I'm dealing with the same thing, though, and it's annoying. I just keep telling myself that MIL wasn't around me as a baby so it's natural that she would see her son more than me.
    july sig challenge: babies are not dogs
  • Loading the player...
  • It's the hormones, but I totally get it upsetting you. Everyone says DD looks like her dad, and she does. Lol

Let me make you feel better.

DS who is 11, is not my husband's bio child. However, EVERYONE talks about how he is H's twin. Even my own mother! Lol whatever though.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• It's just hormones! Don't worry about it. You made her!
  • I'm gonna go with hormones :)
  • I actually like it when people say she is beautiful followed by "she looks like Daddy!" He finds it funny that he is "beautiful" in a roundabout way.
    Maybe it's because our first daughter looks like me so I have gotten all those comments already. I am thrilled that this one is him and he gets a turn at the attention from everyone.
  • Fuck that shit. Not hormones. My ILs and their family has driven me nuts for over two years with this shit. My side never says boo. I find it very insulting and I always have a come back for that crap. I hate it with every fiber of my being. So rude!!! You would think I had nothing to do with the birth of my children the way they talk.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Thanks ladies for making me feel better. I know my fam annoys DH. And he isn't as close to his family so I'm not as used to having them around. But this is their first grandchild so I'm thinking I better get used to it. The good news is SIL is having a baby in March so I see a break in my future.

• When my DS was a newborn, my MIL would always call him a daddy's boy, and when FIL would hold him my MIL would say how much LO prefers men. It pissed me off so bad! I know she didn't meant to be hurtful but it's hard to control those hormones. I was like well, he loves his momma too so eff off!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"