May 2014 Moms

Ladies with SCH or experience with SCH

I found out I have a SCH at 7 weeks (now 10 weeks) and while I know bleeding is "normal" with this it still makes me nervous seeing bright red blood. I've had spotting and what not with dark blood (old) but the past two days it's been bright red. I went to the dr on Tuesday when it started and baby was fine but after my appt when I got home is when the bleeding got heavier and stayed more consistent.

Any thoughts? Advice? I have my next appt Tuesday and hate the waiting game...

Re: Ladies with SCH or experience with SCH

• Can you call your doc and mention the bleeding is worse? Perhaps they will get you in sooner?? There was a "subchorionic hemorrhage" thread on here yesterday that would likely be helpful for you. I would call your doc, though, and just tell them how the bleeding has worsened since they saw you. My best to you! I have had a SCH for 6 weeks and I know how stressful it is. Keep us posted.
  • Just bumped the thread for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it's scary! I just saw my Dr for my 10 week appt yesterday (dx w/sch at 5w6d). I don't know if he was saying it just to calm me or what, but he said "if it were going to cause a major problem, it would have by now". But here's what he told me to be on the look out for: bright red bleeding that is so much I'm going through a pad or two an hour for more than 3 hours, with cramping. ALL of it together.

Call and let them know what's going on. I hope they can get you in to give you some piece of mind.

Best wishes!

BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

• I had one with DS. I saw the dr twice a week for a few weeks, then once a week for a few weeks and then after it cleared up around 14-15 weeks I went every 4 like everybody else. But my SCH was rather large and one of the biggest my dr had seen. I know it's scary but just try to rest as much as possible and keep your dr in the loop. They'll know what to do from there.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I have a SCH too. I'd call your doctor and insist to be seen again. Mine brought me in Monday because of some more bleeding over the weekend--even thought it was dark brown.
  • @cayala0223 How are you doing? Hope all is going well!! Keep us updated. My best to you!
  • I have one and I'd call and tell your doc what's going on. I had some brown spotting last Friday night, my doc said it wasn't necessary to go to the ER but did say that if it turned bright red or I started cramping badly that I did need to go. He also made me come in first thing Saturday morning for an ultrasound to check on baby and give me some peace for the rest if the weekend. He still says pelvic rest and call him if there are changes in the color or volume of blood.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"