September 2013 Moms

Baby with pink eye

My little one seems to have the pink eye. We will be going to the doctor tomorrow to check it out. I almost cried today seeing her eye all red and watery. Anybody out there with the same problem?

Re: Baby with pink eye

• a2003tigera2003tiger member
    edited October 2013
    I doubt it's actually pink eye. "Pink eye " is usually a viral infection and is quite contagious, but is spread via direct contact. So unless someone who had it touched baby's fingers and then baby put fingers in said eye, it's more likely something else. Clogged tear ducts are fairly common in young babies. ETA Technically, pink eye is a blanket term, so any inflammation of the conjunctiva, even that caused by a blocked tear duct, could be considered pink eye. When I think of pink eye though, I think of the viral form that I got so many times while in grade school. I'd have it in one eye, then inevitably transfer it to the other.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We have a clogged duct that we've been trying to work through for the past week or so. We've been using warm compresses and doing massages of the duct area to work through it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with HBirdie. Your baby probably has a clogged duct. Your doctor will confirm, but you can use a warm compress and put a little breast milk on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Thank you ladies! Very helpful information :)
  • My LO had a clogged duct on his left eye and it went away after I massaged the duct and applied breat milk. Now he has the same problem on The right side but it will not go away. Now he has a red sore where it drains out. I called the pedi but she didn't seem concerned. It looks painful.

• Mine had a clogged tear duct. Breast milk works amazingly well!
  • My LO got pink eye when she was 11 days old and they admitted her to the hospital for two days it was awful but she recovered fully and is happy and healthy now.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"