November 2013 Moms
Options

Update: (still) Back from L&D with an inside baby. (Long)

SweetLaura286SweetLaura286 member
edited November 2013 in November 2013 Moms
So I have been in prodromal labor for a week now. At my appointment yesterday my blood pressure was too high... But no protein in my urine. My NST showed contractions every 7 minutes exactly. They had me come back in this morning. I was expecting it to be no big deal but my BP was still too high. They sent me home on strict bed rest until Friday when they wanted to see me again and then most likely induce me.

Well at home I could tell my BP wasn't better even when I was feeling happy and relaxing. I had some ringing in my ears and suddenly vomited everywhere. So I called and they wanted me to head to L&D.

They monitored me for 6-7 hours. They got my BP from 161/113 down to 131/89 (and lots of numbers in between)

My contractions were every 3 minutes. For that entire time. Exhausting.

They refused to start induction until Friday when I am 39 weeks. Seems silly since it's so soon but the OB says they have to wait. He wanted to keep me until Friday when they would start induction but I asked if I could go home to rest, and he said sure.

So I am getting induced 7am on Friday.

I don't know how I feel about all of this!
---------------------------------------------
Update:

So once again I am back home from L&D with an inside baby. Went to my induction this morning and they put the cytotec pill in. My uterus went crazy on it and was contracting ever minute on the dot. Good news is my BP was fantastic all day. Baby girl's heart rate dipped a few times but the OB monitored her for a long time and and she was fine after that.

They truly could not give me any more medicine today.. So I'm happy to be home instead of just sitting uncomfortable in the hospital with no medicine.

Going back tomorrow for round 2!

Oh and PS the only thing that is keeping me sane is that the cytotec gave me a little progress. Not a ton but I'll take it!

The OB on today said that a different OB who I like as well is on all weekend and she "WILL be the birth day doctor" so this will not go on indefinitely. C'mon baby girl.. Feel free to get labor going on your own tonight!!!

Re: Update: (still) Back from L&D with an inside baby. (Long)

• Options
    Very well put CFox815... Thoughts and prayers for a comfortable couple days and a smooth delivery on Friday.
  • Options
    Get some sleep and try to relax before Friday. It will be here before you know it. T&Ps!
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ts and Ps that you can get some rest and all goes smoothly on Friday.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers!
  • Options
    Sounds exhausting! I can understand not knowing how to feel about te situation. Hopefully you'll be able to get better rest at home than at the hospital and today will give you some time to get accustomed to the idea that you'll have your baby by the weekend. Good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck with everything! Thoughts and prayers ! Just keep in mind you will be holding your sweet baby when it's all said and done! So for now just rest as much as possible.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. I dreamed of her last night for the first time in forever. In my dream she was "Mommy's little ginger snap cookie" haha.. But it comforted me all night and I think she has her first silly nickname!
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry, talk about a roller coaster. I hope you have a comfortable couple days! Good luck and keep us updated if you can :)
    Teagan Grace born 12.07.13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January siggy challenge
  • Options
    I agree sounds horrible. But I'm so glad they let you go home as opposed to being in the hospital for 2 days. Hopefully the trick-or-treaters won't raise you BP! Rest up mama, you have a busy day tomorrow.

• Options
    Good luck with everything!! You have my thoughts and prayers! 

• Options
    This sounds like pure hell and I give you credit for not having a total breakdown. I would have started with the ugly crying and told the Doc that him refusing to start the induction was making my blood pressure go even higher and then offered to show him an increase of pressure on his balls!
  • Options
    Many prayers your way good luck on friday!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Wyatt Born 09/05/08 MC Jan 2012 MC Feb 2012 MC Jan 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic photo taco_zps623667d1.jpg
    August Siggy Challenge Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Rest up! FX tomorrow goes smoothly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"