December 2013 Moms

Brands

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on "The Bump" for a couple of weeks. I hope everyone is doing great!

Question, what is everyone doing for laundry, dish soap, dishwasher detergent and floor cleaning products? What brands are you planning to use? Any suggestions?
IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Brands

• Huh? Are you planning to change all your brands because of the baby?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Here's a discussion we had about laundry detergent for baby items earlier this week: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12139846/baby-detergent-with-limited-chemicals#latest
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Loading the player...
  • MissyC979 said:
    Huh? Are you planning to change all your brands because of the baby?
    I wasn't planning to change anything until it was brought to my attention about an hour ago that I need to use different laundry detergent for the baby and also the dish soap & dishwasher soap to wash the baby's bottles. So with that all being said, I was a bit confused and thought I'd get everyone's input on it.
  • I'm only using a different laundry detergent. I'm keeping everything else the same. If there's issues with something else for some reason we will adjust it then. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I already use organic/green dishwasher detergent, regular soap, counter top spray and laundry soap. My housekeeper brings her own products, but I have green versions of most of them that I'll ask her to use when this babe is crawling etc. 
  • I'm just changing laundry soap. Idk why the other stuff would matter??
    I agree!!! It's such a hassle to have to change everything. Geez, our parents never did any of this stuff for us and we're all fine. Right? lol 
  • When DD was born I switched to green/organic detergent for the dishwasher as well as to hand wash dishes. I did want to use something as natural and chemical-free as possible to wash her bottles and my breast pump parts, but didn't want to have separate soap just for her stuff. I've stuck with it since then. I usually use Seventh Gen dishwasher detergent and dish soap, but I also have used Method, Green Works, etc....whatever's on sale. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FTR, I'm not changing for the baby...I've always used "green" soaps. I hate the strong smells of the typical stuff.
  • KateMW said:
    FTR, I'm not changing for the baby...I've always used "green" soaps. I hate the strong smells of the typical stuff.
    Ditto that.  And I have a chemical/fragrance allergy.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • SMB51411 said:

I'm just changing laundry soap. Idk why the other stuff would matter??

I agree!!! It's such a hassle to have to change everything. Geez, our parents never did any of this stuff for us and we're all fine. Right? lol 

FWIW, I hate this argument.

That being said, I only changed/ will change laundry detergent.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Nope I am using everything the same. I have two kids already and didn't change with them and won't change with this one unless I have to (ie an allergy).
  • Not changing either
  • I never changed what I used.. I've been making my own laundry detergent for a while now but that's it. I'm not going to change anything.
  • I didn't change anything when DS was born, and didn't plan to at all ...but, when he became mobile i did start making my own cleaners. We have locks on the cabinets but i was super paranoid that he would figure out a way to get into them. Gave me a little piece of mind knowing exactly what was in everything. only store bought "chemical cleaners" i still keep around are clorox wipes (that i keep behind kitchen and bathroom sinks) a can of lysol that is stored in the laundry room above the dryer, and also shower cleaner that is also stored in laundry room. I never found a homemade shower recipe that really worked.
    image image image

• The people I nanny for were told to use Ivory dish soap to wash bottles because it doesn't leave a film, but I had never heard of changing anything except detergent until I was working for them.

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• I basically use Dr. Bronner's, Seventh Gen or vinegar and water. I have non-antibacterial hand soap from Good that I really like, too.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • I have also only ever changed the laundry soap. I use the baby/sensitive stuff for the first 6 months and then start using my regular stuff for everyone. It's a pain in the butt to have to wash the baby's clothes separately all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got a steam mop recently (not because of babies) and its awesome not buying floor cleaner. 

• I use free and clear Kirkland detergent, normal dish soap, and green surface cleaners. I use a steam mop on the floors. In theory that is, my floors are looking rough these days....
  • I will be using the ALL free and clear detergent and as for cleaning supplies, I basically use vinegar and water on everything!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker
  • Usually use mrs Meyer or 7t generation cleansers. I bought two specialty laundry detergents (one specifically for cloth diapers)-but I was allergic to almost all detergents as a kid. I don't want to risk a full-body rash on a newborn!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"