May 2013 Moms

My baby thinks she is a cat

Shoegal36Shoegal36 member
edited October 2013 in May 2013 Moms
So I was doing my daily attempt to give G a bottle today and it was going OK. She drank about an oz but it takes her forever, even with a fast flow nipple. She will suck a bit, then chew, then chit chat, then chew, then suck. I decided to try a sippy cup with a straw I had bought a while back but she didn't really get the concept. 

THEN I decided to take the lid off the cup and tip it into her mouth just to see what would happen and she went a little crazy. Gulp, gulp, gulp and lapping it up like a cat. If I took it away she would grab my arm and start pulling it towards her, and then she cried when there was none left. She loved it. 

I immediately ordered a Doidy cup. 

It's not the most practical and can get a little messy, but at least I know if I need to go somewhere someone else can feed her by basically dumping it in her mouth lol 

ETA Yeah, so there's no real point to this post but I just wanted to share. I know there's a few others having a hard time with their LO's. (how's it going @jayro10 ?) This could be an option, but probably not a great one. 
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My baby thinks she is a cat

• That's it, I'm ordering a Doidy cup! We haven't tried an open cup with her but it can't hurt, right? I'm looking at having surgery to remove my gall bladder and I NEED to know that there is a way she can eat while I'm unable to feed her.

So happy to read your success story!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This made me lol but I might have to try. My DD went 5 hours without eating the last time my MIL watched her. Sigh.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a great instinct that most babies have. I am SO glad it worked for you! I hope it works for you, too, @jayro10 and @Boo0512!
  • I think it would definitely be worth trying @jayro10 ! It would at least put your mind at ease if you do in fact need surgery. 

I would also suggest putting a good absorbent bib on her :)

I think you're right @watuzzigal and it was really funny to watch! It was like she had been drinking from cups forever and wanted me to just hand it over. 

I think I'll keep trying the bottle as well but maybe I'll feed from both and that way the cup will be a good back up if ever she gives someone a hard time. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kbelly777kbelly777 member
    edited October 2013
    Boo0512 said:
    This made me lol but I might have to try. My DD went 5 hours without eating the last time my MIL watched her. Sigh.
    This is what my LO does when my MIL watches her too. It's like a hunger strike or something. She WILL NOT eat until I get back. :( the longest I've been gone is 4.5 hours. Looking up the doidy cup right after this!

edited for punctuation. writing is hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"