TTC After a Loss

AW: blood work results.

Progesterone at 6dpo is 9.78. Prolactin is 12.2. Doctor says they are good numbers and to call when I get my period so she can see how "good" they are. I'm not sure what that means. What is she going to do when AF arrives to see how good the numbers are?

Good news is that I ovulated!! For any of you smarties out there, any chance I could still be pregnant this month or are these numbers good but not good enough to be KTFU?

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

Re: AW: blood work results.

• Yay for O!  I'm glad you got your numbers back & everything seems ok!  
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • I don't have any insights into what the numbers mean for your chances this cycle. But, I'm glad you Oed, and that the numbers were good! 
  • Loading the player...
  • MsAmandaPantsMsAmandaPants member
    edited October 2013
    I hope you take this in the spirit in which it was intended (which is not hostile, and meant to be helpful because I know you are relatively new and also an already valued member of this community):  You've been around long enough to know that we can't tell you if you are KTFU and that asking is going to get you serious side-eye or worse.   I'm not trying to be bitchy, but I also think it is important to call your attention to it.

As for your question, neither of those numbers mean squat in terms of pregnancy. My last CD21 bloodwork showed progesterone of 79 and I got a BFN. They only mean that you ovulated, which is awesome. I hope this is it for you!

ETA: clarification
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• Thanks for the response. The second part is helpful.

But, honestly, to your first point, I have been around long enough. So, too, readers of this question should know that the questions are not coming from a place of "am I KTFU" bit rather "what does this mean in the grand scheme of the goal?" We are all after the same goal and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise when responding to posts - aw/ct/check ins/etc. We send ((hugs)) for AF and baby showers, mentally mark dates of ivf/iui/fet and other procedures, and send virtual TPs to people who dane to hurt our feelings or rub us the wrong way with respect to a particularly sensitive topic. I respect that this is a community centered upon some particular norms, and I certainly did not intend to upset said norms, however, while I appreciate your forthrightness I'm disappointed, irrespective of the non-hostile intent, that this is the reaction, side eye included.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• E&B0811 said:
    Thanks for the response. The second part is helpful. But, honestly, to your first point, I have been around long enough. So, too, readers of this question should know that the questions are not coming from a place of "am I KTFU" bit rather "what does this mean in the grand scheme of the goal?" We are all after the same goal and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise when responding to posts - aw/ct/check ins/etc. We send ((hugs)) for AF and baby showers, mentally mark dates of ivf/iui/fet and other procedures, and send virtual TPs to people who dane to hurt our feelings or rub us the wrong way with respect to a particularly sensitive topic. I respect that this is a community centered upon some particular norms, and I certainly did not intend to upset said norms, however, while I appreciate your forthrightness I'm disappointed, irrespective of the non-hostile intent, that this is the reaction, side eye included.
    Okay, then.  I was simply trying to alert you that your post could come across as phishing and that is not cool--even from established board members. Disappointed or not, I was trying to be honest in telling you how you are coming across, rather than letting you be oblivious that some might find your post questionable.  Offering support to fellow board members is different than asking the board if you might be KTFU based on blood work. Honestly, whether you believe me or not, I was trying to do you a favor.

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

• E&B0811 said:
    Thanks for the response. The second part is helpful. But, honestly, to your first point, I have been around long enough. So, too, readers of this question should know that the questions are not coming from a place of "am I KTFU" bit rather "what does this mean in the grand scheme of the goal?" We are all after the same goal and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise when responding to posts - aw/ct/check ins/etc. We send ((hugs)) for AF and baby showers, mentally mark dates of ivf/iui/fet and other procedures, and send virtual TPs to people who dane to hurt our feelings or rub us the wrong way with respect to a particularly sensitive topic. I respect that this is a community centered upon some particular norms, and I certainly did not intend to upset said norms, however, while I appreciate your forthrightness I'm disappointed, irrespective of the non-hostile intent, that this is the reaction, side eye included.
    I'm really glad you got promising blood test result. But, I have to agree with Amanda in regards to the part about whether this could mean you are KU or not. I get that you likely meant it from a place where you were looking for encouragement and hope for your current cycle but I also get that it might come across as phishing. You'll notice that virtually nobody asks this question - especially those of us who've been around for some time. I think the only time I've seen this question asked is likely in the CT when symptoms and such are being discussed.

Please don't take it badly though okay? I'm thrilled that you took the time to share the information about your appointment with us but just keep in mind how the rest of your thread might read okay? Most of the time the issues is with perception and not intention kwim?

Best of luck to you!
  • E&B0811 said:
    I'm really glad you got promising blood test result. But, I have to agree with Amanda in regards to the part about whether this could mean you are KU or not. I get that you likely meant it from a place where you were looking for encouragement and hope for your current cycle but I also get that it might come across as phishing. You'll notice that virtually nobody asks this question - especially those of us who've been around for some time. I think the only time I've seen this question asked is likely in the CT when symptoms and such are being discussed.

Please don't take it badly though okay? I'm thrilled that you took the time to share the information about your appointment with us but just keep in mind how the rest of your thread might read okay? Most of the time the issues is with perception and not intention kwim?

Best of luck to you!
    This exactly. I don't think your intention was necessarily to be phishy, but I was trying to warn you that it could come across that way.  In hindsight I should have PMed you @E&B0811, but I didn't think of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"