Blended Families

Great news and court today

So this morning when DH and I were getting ready to leave, 7yo SD's counselor called me and said that she had run into our attorney at the courthouse and we needed to go to her office ASAP to sign a release for him bc he requested her records from there! I am so ecstatic about this. They are getting the ball rolling on the 3rd party supervision!!

We spoke with the attorney before court... we don't even know why we had to be there, we already knew BM wasn't going to jail but we got some useful info from him regarding the things we need to do to get this going. The attorney also said that at this point, it would be almost impossible for BM to prove herself fit to the judge.

BM called the clerk last week to tell them that she couldn't come to court today because she didn't have a ride. They told her she should probably go ahead and find one as they were rolling their eyes haha. She isn't very well liked by any of them.

DH was a little bummed b/c she didn't have to go to jail, he said if he would have missed one court date, he would have been in jail and she has missed 4. BM forgot to ask for the paternity test bc she was too worried about going to jail. hehe BM thinks she won and that's completely fine with me... this isn't affecting us. The judge feels sorry for her but he isn't stupid.

BM told the judge she was a SAHM. BAHAHAA. They even kept FI's DS out of school to bring him to court. WTF. I don' thin I know any SAHM'S that start drinking the moment they wake up.

And just for laughs.. BM wore house slippers that look like boots.. hahhaa.. I know that's what they were because I almost bought the same exact pair from the clearance rack at wal mart a few months ago while looking for gym shoes for SD. I didn't buy them bc I remembered I had bought a pair of boot slippers from Gordman's over the summer.

So.. back to the important stuff.. the release was signed at the counselor's office as soon as we left the courthouse and now we just get to wait to see what happens next. I really hope it's soon (=

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

Re: Great news and court today

• She's such a mess. I'm glad the ball is rolling and things are seemingly going to improve (at least for you guys & for SDs!) very soon. Continued T&Ps your way.
  • Oh, that would be o awesome if they could get the 3rd party supervision for you guys soon. You two should not have to supervise, it's too stressful on all of you. And a 3rd party would have more "pull" in court if you need them to testify about the crap BM ulls with you. FX for you that it goes through quickly!

image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you (= The counselor now sees the urgency for it with what she pulled at the last visit. She was so busy yesterday and she and the atty are good friends, I am so excited. I hope it's really soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"