Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Convertible Carseat for Grandparents' Cars

We are probably going to be getting both sets of grandparents a convertible carseat since they may be picking up DS from daycare from time to time in the future.  Although I would prefer they keep the seat installed all the time so they don't have to struggle through installation at what may be last minute requests for pick up help, I doubt my dad is going to want to keep a carseat installed in the car all the time.  So, can anyone recommend a good convertible seat that has an easy install? The bonus would be that it's not terribly expensive, but I'd rather pay more if that means they will have an easier time installing it and, therefore, install it properly each time they use it. 

If it helps, DS is 19 months (and 27 lbs, 31.5 inches) and is rear facing and will rear face at least until 2, longer if possible.  Grandparents drive a Camry and a RAV4.

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Convertible Carseat for Grandparents' Cars

• The Cosco Apt is a good, inexpensive option. I don't have one, so I'm not sure how easy the install is. They run about $60. The easiest install I've done was with the Graco MySize/Size4Me. Literally took about 10 seconds. It's about $150-175.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Chicco nexfit is super easy to install but pricey. We love it though!
  • Loading the player...
  • The Cosco apt 40 is super easy to install RFing. I don't even need a towel or noodle. It's in my husbands car.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • We bought the Evenflo Sureride for the grandparents. It's fairly easy to install, can be used from birth, rear faces to 40lbs 40", and has some of the highest harness slots for forward facing. For $100 this seat will last a long time. I got mine for $17 from Kohls using my kohls card, kohls cash, and a few other coupons.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone! I appreciate the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"