Trying to Get Pregnant

Progesterone Pill to Induce Period

Hello! So I went to the OB/GYN yesterday and she prescribed me Progesterone Micronized 200 MG Oral Capsule and told me to take 2 of them at bedtime so I could get my period (which I haven't had since June 18) and then they can do blood work to figure out why I am not getting my period. I was just wondering when I could expect my period to begin?

Thank you!

Re: Progesterone Pill to Induce Period

• I took 10mg for 5 days last cycle, and got my period 4 days after I took the last pill. It was SUPER light for 3 days, but red blood so beware that it might not seem like a full blown period at first. Good luck!
    ---

• WillCMyInkWillCMyInk member
    edited October 2013
    I took 10mg for 10 days and had a similar experience to @teresaide - AF within 3-4 days and very light but red flow for the first 3-4 days. Good luck!

ETA: It can take up to 2 weeks after the last pill, like GM said. Some don't even get a period after. Don't expect your experience to be exactly the same as anyone else's.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like I read somewhere that getting a period 4-7 days after the last pill was average, but typically it doesn't take longer than 2 weeks.
    ---

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"