Trying to Get Pregnant

How often do you take HPTs?

We have been TTC #1 for 3 months and I swear my husband is starting to think I am either crazy or just addicted to peeing on sticks!  Cramps? Take a HPT. Spotting? HPT. Fatigue? HPT!

I can't stop just hoping to see those 2 lines!  How often do you take HPTs?
Married 11/16/12
TTC #1 since Aug 2013

Re: How often do you take HPTs?

• I try and wait until atleast 11, 12, 13 DPO. The constant negative results were really starting to get me down.

I was super enthuastic at the beginning and was buying the pretty FRER ones but after spending a good chunk of change on those and the pretty OPK's too I decided to just do the Wondfos so I could test whenever and a few times and not worry about breaking the bank to see negative results. Good luck!

Trying to have baby #1 since April 2013

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

Me testing April 3, 2014 - FSH and LH good, HSG showed blocked right tube

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

it's bad too. RE suggests going straight to IVF

June 4, 2014 - LAP/HSC and unexpected endo. removed but tubes got to stay!

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

• I don't test unless I get past my normal LP & still have temps way above the cover line. I've only tested twice in a year of TTC. I have no desire to see BFNs for no reason.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had some leftover blue dye kits* from a 'oh crap' moment last year, so I tested twice last month (first cycle trying) and used a good pink dye test on ~12DPO because I wanted to drink that evening.  I ordered the 50 OPK/10 HPT Wondfos for this month, and I think peeing on the OPKs will help keep my desire to test early down a bit this cycle.  I'm resolved to not test before 12DPO.

*It was before I met you ladies.  I know the error of my (blue dye kit) ways now.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am a mix.  When we first started TTC I went POAS crazy, testing as early as 9 DPO.  As the months went on, I got tired of BFNs and I never took tests, I just waited for my period.  With my 2 IUIs that I used a trigger, I decided to test out the trigger so I would test everyday until the trigger was out and usually everyday or every other day after that.  I didn't test at all for IVF #1 since none of our embryos made it to transfer.  For IVF #2 I attempted to test out my trigger and tested everyday (and a few times twice a day because I am nuts).

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• By CD40 I can't help myself and start peeing on the cheapies (usually 10DPO). Every other day until I get my period. Which is too often, really.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Funny Confession Ecard: If being in my pajamas by 7pm is wrong, then I don't want to be right.imageimagemarch1

BFP 2013-07-11, EDD 2014-03-04, NMC 2013-07-24

My Ovulation Chart || My Blog

• I don't/won't test until AF is 'late'. Back in April, I waited until I was two days 'late' for AF, and got a BFP.

FF predicts my periods within a day or two, so I haven't taken a HPT since April, I haven't been 'late' enough yet to take one the last few cycles.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I went HPT crazy at first, but seeing white test again and again gets really depressing. Since I'm spotting like a mofo before my period, I usually don't test. I might take one at 11-12 DPO if the spotting isn't bad.

• FoxiePMFoxiePM member
    edited October 2013
    Never anymore...what's the point?

Debbie Downer is now exiting the building!

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • H doesn't understand testing at all. He tells me i need to just to wait until I'm puking and don't get periods anymore haha. This is my 5th cycle trying and I think I've tested 6 times, 3 that H knew about.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I want to wait until 15dpo, but I'm always too antsy and start testng at 10dpo. How often? I try to make myself wait 2-3 days in between testing, and I usually accomplish this by buying 3 tests, so I tell myself that I need to spread them out. Lol
    imageimage
  • I felt super dizzy and nauseous on my drive home from work a couple of days ago, and even though my temps haven't confirmed O, I convinced myself to take a Wondfo test when I did my OPK just in case I had O'd early and didn't know it. Both were negative, as expected. That being said, I test about every 7-10 days after I hit CD40.
    ---

• I'm still in the beginning stages where I'm a POAS-aholic, but I am definitely starting to see just how much BFNs fucking suck and why people don't test until they're late. I tested before work this morning and it just ruined my mood. Not a good way to start the day.
  • I'm not testing unless my LP for that cycle is a day longer than my typical LP. And since TTC, I have gotten past an 11 day LP. So my answer I guess is never.
  • When I am still rational (O - 7DPO) I never think about taking a test.  But at 8DPO all bets are off and I am testing (like a fool because I know that it will be negative) daily.  This month I am trying to be accountable and not test until 11/10.  But I think I'm still in the rational stage of my cycle, we'll see what I have to say for myself next week.

DSC_0111DSC_0036

DS Born 4/7/2011
    DD Born 7/14/2014
  • Not very often, I'm another who waits until the day after my longest cycle/LP. I've tested a handful of times. I tested NYE because we were going to drink (negative and not pregnant), I tested on a whim in May (negative, not pregnant) and staring at the white test just really made me upset, so I vowed to wait. I waited until what was around 16 DPO to test in June because it was H's bday (positive, pregnant, m/c) and then when I started spotting I took several more, that's probably the most tests I have taken. I didn't test again until mid-October (bfp, pregnant, m/c) because I had a good feeling about that cycle. I tested in the afternoon and got a squinter and a neg digi, so bought some more and got positives the next morning.

All in all, I've probably used less than 10 tests (that's counting the repeats in June) and we're coming up on 12 months of trying. I'll also say that when I tested last month I had been posting in the Waiting to O/2WW threads and posting in those makes me much more conscious of where I am in my cycle which can be both good and bad.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I waited till I was late.

• janda426 said:
    I'm still in the beginning stages where I'm a POAS-aholic, but I am definitely starting to see just how much BFNs fucking suck and why people don't test until they're late. I tested before work this morning and it just ruined my mood. Not a good way to start the day.
    Heard that! Sucks!
    Mr & Mrs 5/5/2012
    DH-28 Me-26
    Fur baby- Colt 
    Baby BOY due 9/24/2014

imageimageimage 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• MonkeyJDMonkeyJD member
    edited October 2013
    I start at 9/10 dpo with the 88¢ Walmart tests.Testing early & often actually helps keep me focused because I don't spend the rest of the day wondering.

Edit: stupid autocorrect
  • I always say I'm going to wait it out, but never do! I usually start testing around 10DPO. It's so tempting, especially when they are just laying there "in your face!"

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since March 2010

DH - SA = Low Morphology. Great overall count.

August 2012: HSG - All Clear

September 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 w/ Repronex & HCG Injections = BFN

October 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 = BFN

September 2013: New Doctor: 50 mg Clomid CD 5-9 & IUI #1 = BFN

October 2013: 50 mg Clomid CD 3-7 & IUI #2 = BFN 

November 2013 to ??? = On a mental break for now.

• Usually I only test if I am late for when I think I should start AF, although I just started temping this month so it was always just a guess.  But I just bought a bunch of Wondfo OPK + HPTs and I'm wondering if the cheapie tests will tempt me more than usual...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • I usually try and make myself wait until 10 dpo, but I've tested at 8 and 9 dpo too. 
    ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

• I have about 100 wondfos taking up valuable space in my bathroom drawer. Naturally I just ordered 25 more from Amazon because I'm a crazy son of a B-tch.

I pee on those sticks more often than I care to admit. Last cycle lasted 49 days for me so you can only imagine how many of them I burned through. I kept thinking "this is the LAST one..."
  • We're still really new to TTC so I may grow out of my testing obsession, but I start testing 10 DPO and test every other day until AF
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • I tested at 12DPO for my BFP in July but didn't test at all this past cycle bc my LP was short. I kind of liked not getting any BFNs so I'm going to try and keep it up and only test when my period is late.
  • I usually don't test until AF is late. There was one cycle exception when I felt some weird symptoms so I tested before AF. Other than that I just wait. 

image image image

• I'm still waiting to O in my first cycle trying, so I can only tell you what I plan on doing.  I'm going to wait until the day after FF says I should get my period, then test.  We'll see if can stick to that :)
  • I try to wait until 10DPO. If I have the stupid things in the house, I can convince myself that I need to do it earlier, even though I KNOW better. So, I wait until 10DPO to even buy them, and then test every other day-ish. With DS, I waited until I was late to test... I don't know how I had the patience then and not now....
    :-?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • I noticed after the first month that testing actually depresses me a little... I started to realize that it could be a while before i actually get a BFP so I should slow down... so now I just try to wait until the day before AF is due to arrive and every other day until she shows up. It is REALLY HARD TO WAIT though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"