March 2014 Moms
Options

Breast leaking & advice wanted

lvlichellelvlichelle member
edited October 2013 in March 2014 Moms
When I woke up about 30 minutes ago, my arm was wet. I was thinking, did I drool on myself, lol. Then I noticed my shirt felt cold and wet. Aw man, one of my girls started leaking. It was a pretty good amount.

Someone give me some insight on this. I know it is natural and to be expected. I have never had this before and kinda don't know what to expect or how to handle it. Kinda like a girl getting her first period, lol. (Just realized.. we are having a girl. Which means I will be having "the period talk"  with her in about 12 years, Yeeek!)

Does the leaking continue now until the baby is weened? Should I stock up on breast pads? Do I need breast pads yet? Will this go away and come back again? Is it only when I sleep? Can I just cut a panty liner and put that in my bra.. instead of having the big bulky breast pad (until I leak more)?

Thanks ladies :)

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

Re: Breast leaking & advice wanted

• Options
    I only leaked when the girls were free, so sleeping in a bra and wearing a bra/tanktop around the house was helpful.  I never needed breastpads until my milk came in.  I leaked from around 24 weeks until maybe 3 months pp with DD.  She nursed for 21 months. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have any significant leaking before baby was born. At that point I had overactive letdown and always leaked badly out the opposite side from the one I was nursing on at the time. The leaking when not nursing slowed/stopped at some point, I can't remember exactly when, but the leaking while nursing the opposite breast finally stopped when DS when 10 months.
        image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no... I better go get some leak pads and put a few in my purse or and my car.... :/ I won't wake up to it, it will happen when I'm at work!
  • Options
    I leaked the whole time I was nursing DD, 14 months.  I really like the lasinoh disposables breast pads.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"