November 2012 Moms
Options

Not so Halloweeny Halloween

What's everyone doing? We are kind of at a loss of what to do... Benjamin is in bed by 7. I have a costume for him so we are kind of thinking of just dressing him up, taking pics, walking to a house or two (no family close by) and then putting him to bed and watching scary movies... I would've liked to have done something but with no one close by there weren't too many options.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: Not so Halloweeny Halloween

• Options
    I am thinking about getting LO, myself, and the dog superhero shirts and hand out candy.
    Or just dress him in his Carter's halloween outfit that has Frankenstein on the butt and hand out candy. 
    I haven't totally decided yet. 

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Options
    Kennedy with wear her little bear coat and a bowtie to be BooBoo from Yogi the Bear. We are going to hand out candy for a short time. SD is going to do a couple houses on our block. Nothing exciting. DH is OOT. So, it will just be the girls.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are getting together with another couple who also has a baby taking the babies around.  Probably won't ring any doors but just to be part of the festivities. We are all dressing up.  It starts at 4:30 so after we are done we will go out to dinner. Hopefully the weather holds out.
  • Options

We are going to a trunk or treat around 5.  Then to a friends house for soup and sandwhiches.  We probably won't stay out late.  Hopefully DD won't get too cranky.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    We are dressing up LO and taking pics for the 2 or 3 minutes that she will tolerate the costume. If she can hack it longer than that, we will walk in the neighbourhood with her for a little bit..and then that will be it. Our neighbourhood is sort of overflowing with drunken college kids and a little low on trick or treaters.  Our families are far away.
  • Options
    We're doing the same as you are...just a few houses in our neighborhood and then DH and I will hand out candy once O is asleep. 

• Options
    The 'plan' is to dress up DS and go to a few houses. We really only know 2 crazy families on the street. So maybe we will drive to the IL's house (15 minutes away) and visit their neighbours. 

I should be home from meetings pretty early, but DH may not be home until close to 7pm. So we will see what happens. Maybe DH can get out a little early. 
  • Options
    I'm bummed that I will miss V's Halloween parade at daycare.... Lots of Mommy guilt. 

Hoping to be able to scoot out and pick V up early to bring him back to school for my students. They are dying to meet him. Likely wont happen as getting coverage will be impossible. More mommy guilt. 

Plan B----Leaving right at dismissal, heading to get V and then trick r treating at a few neighbor's. (He WILL ride in his new Little Tykes wagon since it was a huge PIA to put together! Took me 3 hours! Ugh!) I live in the community I teach in so I have many students who will be coming to my house to trick or treat. Should be fun. 

Dinner by 6:30 and he will be in bed on regular schedule!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Low key plans here. LO goes to bed at 7 so prob no trick or treating. We did a trunk and treat on Saturday so we have pics of her in her costume and she had pics taken at daycare too. She can't eat candy so no reason to trick or treat. May be an early UO for Thursday...people who trick or treat with babies annoy me (unless of course they have older children). Candy is for your kid? Really? Yea...
  • Options
    @jg1011 no mommy guilt! Seriously I felt bad too but they don't know yet what's going on and I figured if M sees me at the parade she will prob get upset and want to go to me. When she's older DH and I will take turns taking off. Honestly I feel like the kids at work will have fun being in their costumes and being off the wall that they won't need me!
  • Options
    It's been raining here since yesterday and is supposed to rain until late tonight.  DH and I are planning on taking DD trick or treating to one or two of our neighbors just to say hi.  We're not planning on taking any candy.  She doesn't have a traditional costume though.  I coach dance team and our school colors are orange and black.  DD has a tutu that she wears to some of our games.  She's wearing that with a halloween shirt and orange and black tights.  We'll be handing out candy at our house all night.

• Options
    Shoot, you know what I just thought of?  Sleeping is going to be rough bc our dog goes beserk on Halloween with all the rando's ringing the doorbell.  She's prob going to wake poor F up with all the barking.  Maybe we should do the lights out, no one's home routine....

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Shoot, you know what I just thought of?  Sleeping is going to be rough bc our dog goes beserk on Halloween with all the rando's ringing the doorbell.  She's prob going to wake poor F up with all the barking.  Maybe we should do the lights out, no one's home routine....
    We're in the same boat. We're new to the neighborhood, so I don't wan to be a grinch, but K's bedroom is right next to the front door.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We're in the same boat. We're new to the neighborhood, so I don't wan to be a grinch, but K's bedroom is right next to the front door.
    Yep, us too!!! But, we are just going to roll with it. DH wants to sit out front with a glass of wine haha. I want to put the dogs in the back bedroom. But last year we only got two trick or treaters!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    We had 8 kids last year.
    Apparently the previous owners didn't give candy, so few kids bothered to stop.

We've had about 30 this year. Maybe more. I guess word got out.

I suspect we would have had more, but it's raining and has been allllllll daaaaaaaaay. It's only 8pm, so there could still be more.
  • Options
    Oh, and we have 2 costumes for DS.
    Pics to come later.
  • Options
    LO had a doctor's appointment so we dressed her up for that. The staff was in costume, so it was pretty festive. A pretty nasty storm broke out, so we waited until it was drizzling that night and walked her up and down a few streets, waved at a bunch of neighbours we don't know. It was alright. Hopefully next year we will get to how her off to a few more people that we actually know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"