Nurseries and Baby Gear

Convertible cars seats

My LO is only a month old but with upcoming sales I want to buy a convertible car seat for when he's older, we just have an infant seat right now. Can anyone explain the difference between the Graco my ride 70, Graco Nautilius, and Graco Argos? Any recs?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
image image image. image

Re: Convertible cars seats

• Of the three you listed, only the my ride rear-faces. The other two are FF only. have you heard of the 'car seats for the littles' group? it's run by car seat techs and they can help choose the right seat based on your car, child's stats, and budget.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The Graco MySize 70 is the only convertible car seat. The others are forward facing and shouldn't be used until baby is closer to two years old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh ok thanks! Guess that solves my problem!
    image image image. image
  • You also might want to take into consideration that seats expire . Generally they last for six years if you were to get one now on sale you could be getting one with a date of manufacture up to a year or more ago and at best six months ago so by the time you would use it it could only have four or five years left in its life . If you still decide to get the seat I would try it out in your car and any other car you may need to use it in since allot of car seats won't always fit properly in various cars .
  • You also might want to take into consideration that seats expire . Generally they last for six years if you were to get one now on sale you could be getting one with a date of manufacture up to a year or more ago and at best six months ago so by the time you would use it it could only have four or five years left in its life . If you still decide to get the seat I would try it out in your car and any other car you may need to use it in since allot of car seats won't always fit properly in various cars .
    Ditto.  I would hold off on getting one, even if it was a good sale.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Kimbus22 said:
    The Graco MySize 70 is the only convertible car seat. The others are forward facing and shouldn't be used until baby is closer to two years old.

Definitely older than 2.  Kids need to be rear facing until a minimum of 2 years old.
    Yes.  I should have taken out the word closer and replaced it with minimum :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • @kimbus22 Doesn't a convertible allow them to rear face? All I have now is an infant seat so didn't think that would work until 2....FTM here just confused! Thanks!
    image image image. image
  • @kimbus22 Doesn't a convertible allow them to rear face? All I have now is an infant seat so didn't think that would work until 2....FTM here just confused! Thanks!
    Yes, convertibles are called that because they cover from rear-facing to front-facing. Infant seats ONLY rear-face, and are generally outgrown by height around a year (though many our to stop using them before that).
    If you do some research and buy a long lasting convertible seat, many of them will last until age 5 or so.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Please come join the Facebook group - Car Seats for the Littles, it will help seat selection tremedously.
  • drpaynedrpayne member
    edited November 2013
    Ditto PPs. They should be RF until they outgrow the limits for that seat. For us that meant buying a new convertible to keep him RF longer. I'd wait and see how big your LO is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"