Breastfeeding

Pumping problems

I think I'm just very impatient. I have a very basic medela double electric pump. It's ok, but I feel like it takes a long time. It's actually faster for me to hand express and I get more ounces that way. Any tips?

Re: Pumping problems

• Have you tried different flange sizes?  Also, maybe change up the strength and speed of the pump to see what works better.  The highest setting may not be the best for you.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • welly01 said:
    Have you tried different flange sizes?  Also, maybe change up the strength and speed of the pump to see what works better.  The highest setting may not be the best for you.

This.  Also do you do breast compressions/massage while pumping?  I get a good 1-1.5 ounces extra when I wear my hands free bra and/or do compressions.  I find the compressions also help me get a 2nd letdown faster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"