1st Trimester

How old is TOO old to be pregnant?

2»

Re: How old is TOO old to be pregnant?

• NerdyLucy said:
    I think 32 is pushing it....what do y'all think?

When I was 24, which was back in 2008 and I was still teaching, I taught my first year of seniors.  This happened to be at a school that had the second or third highest teen pregnancy rate in the state.

When some of the girls, ones with babies particularly, found out how old I was, they would gasp and exclaim, "You don't have kids yet?! YOU'RE NOT EVEN MARRIED??!"

Bless their little hearts. They were serious.

One of my friends got pregnant at 19, and when I went to her baby shower, her IL's were scandalized that I was 19, had no kids, no husband and that I was...GASP...getting an education.  Oh the horror!!!

• Hmmm... I am cutting it to the wire then huh...my 32nd birthday is 3 days after the due date, uh-oh, lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah... I'm 26 and this post already makes me mad.
  • edited November 2013
    I'll be 31 when this LO comes along and at every appointment I have my doctor begins every sentence with "For a healthy young woman like yourself..." etc. This is an obvious troll if I've ever seen one.

I have lots of friends in their late 30's and 40's who are starting their families now. Why? Because they're healthy women of childbearing age who have no frickin' reason not to.

Sorry Trolly!!
  • In general age has nothing to do with it. I believe only the person who can answer that is the one having a child. One could ask, how young is too young? In todays society we have twelve year olds giving birth and everyone is horrified, but people were having children that young in the 1900's. Now a days, adults who were wise enough to go to college and get things set up for their families are having children later-I would hardly say they are too old, but I would say they are wise for waiting. I had a child at 19 and now I am having twins at 32. I am way more set up then I was at nineteen and consider myself to be at a great age, firstly because I am way more mature then I was when I was nineteen, and secondly because I am more set up in my life to have children now. Now, this could be different for someone else. I have a sister who is pregnant at 25 and she makes an excellent mom and is set up to have a child....for me, I am glad I am 32 and if that makes me too old then so be it. :)

• This thread makes me stabby. I'm 24 and mad at the OP. 32 is not old. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I know this is kinda old... But my mom was "too young" when she had me (19) and "too old when she had my brother(36). But you know what? She's a much better mom to him then she was to me.
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • I am 37 and expecting my 3rd...I'll be 38 when I have him/her.  32 too old my ass.
  • I'll be 40 when my first is born (God willing).  And then later I'll have one or two more.  That's the great thing about having a bunch of donor egg embryos on ice.  I can keep popping them out until 50 if need be.  ;)

Plenty of post-menopausal women use DE and have perfectly healthy pregnancies.  Turns out the eggs go long before the ute.  (I'm not post-menopausal -- my issue was different -- but I won't let it stop me if I get there!)
  • I believe as old as when the Lord decides to bless you and your husband with another precious little one!  Never go into it thinking you're too old... One of my friends moms actually just had a baby last year and I'm pretty sure she's pregnant again and as far as I know, I think she is going into her 40's.  So don't let anyone bother you about age! :)
  • Wow 32 is too old I will be 40 when my little one is due. A friend of mine is due with her third next week and she is 41 and my other friend is due in April she is 41.
    Another friend had twins last dec at 42.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Mjl0405 said:

Too young, too ignorant and too dumb to get pregnant should be the title of this post.

<insert photo of nemo>

....and you need a license just to catch a fish. Go figure.
  • I have a new question.

How judgemental is too judgmental to have a baby?

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"