January 2013 Moms

Daylight Savings Worry

I just realized this weekend is daylight savings and I am worried on how this will effect DD. We fall back an hour which means DD will possibly be waking up between 4:30 and 5 instead of 5:30 and 6....yikes! Any advice or suggestions? Should we try to keep her up an extra hour Saturday night? Thanks as always!! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daylight Savings Worry

• I would think to just keep them up a little later but I guess we will just have to see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mj0011 said:
    I am putting LO to bed 10 minutes later every day this week in hopes it will be an easy transition!
    This
    mj0011 said:
    I am putting LO to bed 10 minutes later every day this week in hopes it will be an easy transition!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't even think about this! Luckily they don't do it in the Philippines. Good luck!
  • I too am worried about this, my thought was to start putting him to bed later and later each night. But he has been cranky the last few days so he's been going down between 6-6:30pm. At least it's on a weekend and a non-work day for us.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I completely forgot about daylight savings time. Now I'm stressing out about it... :P
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jobiann said:
    I too am worried about this, my thought was to start putting him to bed later and later each night. But he has been cranky the last few days so he's been going down between 6-6:30pm. At least it's on a weekend and a non-work day for us.
    This exactly - she normally goes down around 7p but she has been so cranky the past few weeks that she is going down earlier....I am worried what time wakeup will be on Sunday!
  • Lol--we've traveled to other time zones with DD several times already and even when we went to London (6hrs difference) she adjusted in a day. I did absolutely nothing and it was fine. All babies are different, but I think most of us have little to worry about!
  • For about two weeks I have been moving their bedtime back 15 minutes every 3 days, just so it moves back an hour. 

Going to bed later isn't the problem...the problem is waking up at 5 am instead of 6.  If your baby wakes at 5 keep them in the dark (if possible) until 6 (or your intended wake time) to help set their internal clock.
  • yeah, I think the day after might suck because she'll be up an hour earlier,  but if you put them to bed the same time the day after the change, they should go back to their normal wake time assuming they sleep as long as they usually do.

I never did anything different with DS and I don't remember it being that big of a deal

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've been keeping mine up later this week. They'll adjust :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • yeah, I think the day after might suck because she'll be up an hour earlier,  but if you put them to bed the same time the day after the change, they should go back to their normal wake time assuming they sleep as long as they usually do.

I never did anything different with DS and I don't remember it being that big of a deal

Yeah, I'm not worried about it :)
  • I've never thought about it. DS has always seemed to adjust just fine.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• I'm not too worried. If he wakes up an hour early, I will just go for 1/2 caf coffee rather than decaf. :)

• We started putting DS to bed later the last few nights, more circumstantial than to prepare and he is still waking up at 4:30 and 6:30am on the dot so I'm pretty sure that we'll be getting up at 5:30 for a while.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh gosh DD gets up at 5am most days, sometimes 430 so what if that becomes THREE THIRTY???  I will lose my ever-loving mind...
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"