Infertility
Options

feeling "broken"

My husband and I have just started down the path of ttc.  I am 24 years old and was just told that I am not ovulating on my own.  My blood work came back fine, and the ultrasound only found 1 cyst.  We found my first cyst when I was 8 years old, and I have had problems with them ever since.  The doctor is confused with what is happening and wants to run another test to see if my fallopian tubes are open.  I feel sad because it seems that everyone I know is either pregnant, or just had a baby.  My husband told me 2 days ago that his 19 yo cousin is due in May and I broke down and started crying.  He is very supportive, but he doesn't understand how hard this is on me.  My family thinks we should wait, but I have never wanted anything as much as I want to be a mom.  We don't want to tell anyone that we are ttc in case it doesn't work out, but it's difficult when everyone keeps asking when it's going to be your turn.  I'm scared of how hard this is going to be and I don't want this to cause a rift between my husband and myself.  Any suggestions?

Re: feeling "broken"

• Options
    First, tell them its your turn when its your turn, and its none of their business.  Second, talk to your husband. Infertility sucks, and you need each other. Be respectful of each others feelings and talk it out! Third, your path is just beginning and it could be long and hard. Get a good support system, find the friends who you can trust. Lastly, take it one day at a time. Good or bad, everything can change in a day. 
    TTC since May 2011
    Provera x3 late 2011, no natural response. (Previous BCP for 12 years).
     Dx PCOS April 2012. 
    Clomid x 4 - no response.
    First FSH/Ovidrel cycle early Aug 2012 - 18 days of injections, slow growth, erratic estrogen levels, triggered Aug 21st. 
    BFP Sept 4th and Sept 7th! 
     7wk US Sept 28th - triplets! 
    Perfect triplets lost at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Allison Grace, James Alexander and Colin Gregory forever in our hearts!  
    IVF #1 10/11/13 -  canceled before retrieval.  
    IVF# 2 11/28/13 - retrieval on Turkey Day! Hyperstim - no transfer
    FET #1 2/4/14 - miscarriage @ 9 weeks (Trisomy 6) 
    FET #2 6/8/14 - healthy normal baby! Due date 2/25/15
         Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Good luck to you! I hope you get some answers soon!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"