November 2012 Moms
Options

First words

What are your LO's first words?

DS will sometimes say "mama" and "dada," but he doesn't ever say them to us (he more says it when he's crying or babbling), and he doesn't repeat them when we say it, so I don't consider those real words yet.

I think he has an official first word, and it is "Uh-oh!"  He will say it whenever he drops something off his changing table, when he's sitting in his high chair and drops food, or when he's in his pack and play and drops a toy off the side.  He also repeats it whenever we say it.  It's really cute, but that's a funny first word.

Re: First words

• Options
    ball was first.  a few weeks later she now clearly says bottle, hi and uh-oh.  she sort of says "all done" and "peek" (for peekaboo) and a few others, but they are still sort of unclear and inconsistent.

• Options
    DD can say mom and dada.  Sometimes we think she says okay and quack quack when we're practicing animal sounds.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi dada, Hi daddy, Mama(occasionally), dada, baba, uh oh, hi... think that's it...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Harp's first word was dog.  Now, we can't get the girl to hush! She says dada, mama, my mama, hi, all done, uh-oh, that, granny, and WOOOOAAAH.  It's hilarious.

• Options
  • Options
    Daddy, mama, Gggg for grandma, yes, no no, and this. He signs a ton more and is now starting to say beginning sounds to those words as he is signing.

I am amazed by the language explosion!

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    B's first word was kitty. Every time our cat would enter the room he points and then he will say it
    View Full Size Image
  • Options
    O's was "hey" and then "mama", followed by "dada" a few days later.

• Options
    mama, dada, puppy, book, whats that, ball, all done, some, up, diaper, bubble, coo coo, bear, shoe.  Other things she does is sounds out the beginning of words when we teach her new words.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    "Mama" came first, but he says "dada" more frequently. Favorite word right now is "toss". We play ball on the floor and each time he throws it, he yells "Tahh!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

DD has Mama, Dada, Dog, and Ubba or joe (which is brother).

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    No words yet.  He will mimic Dada, Mama, yumm, and baba (bottle). 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mama is finally intentional, but he still only says it when he's miserable. He's working on (intentional) dada. My MIL says that he says duck and meow; I did hear him say meow last night.

image   My chart 

• Options
    "Yeah" then "mama". She occasionally says "dada", but when she wants DH's attention she usually just yells "Hey!".
  • Options
    LO says mama and dada, but I'm not sure it's intentional. Today she said ow-ow (imitating dog).
  • Options
    The only thing that has been intentional so far is "ow" for meow. She was obsessed with the kitties at my parents' house.
  • Options
    We are also still working on.  He has mama down, sort of has Daddy (sounds more like yaddy).  He will also say ack for Jack (the other baby in the nanny share).  Otherwise he says a bunch of things that sound like words but I can't make them out.
  • Options
    we officially heard "bye" as my mom walked out the door and LO waved, it was most excellent
  • Options
    Em says dada, momma, nana, baby, ball, hi, baba and I think that's it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"