March 2013 Moms
Options

Is there such a thing as a solids strike?

I've heard of a nursing strike (and experienced it), but now I wonder if there is such a thing as a solid strike.  About 2 weeks ago my DS started getting less and less cooperative with eating solids.  Now we are almost at a stand still.  I give him toys to distract him long enough to get a spoonful in, but he is now getting too smart for that.  I am lucky if I get 4 bites in before it turns into a total meltdown.  He is on purees.  I tried giving him small pieces of banana, but he just played with that.  Today he did eat a few puffs without giving me the closed lip routine.  Is this a sign of teething or something?  I just wish the feeding was back to where it was 2 weeks ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Re: Is there such a thing as a solids strike?

• Options
    It could be teething, or just that his body isn't up for solids right now.  We do BLW, but I notice there are times when DD seems to actually eat a ton, and other times when she just plays. 
  • Options
    Agree. DD has some days where she has a tiny appetite and little or no desire for solids (or nursing too sometimes) and other days where she's diving into it. Teething can reduce their appetite too.

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD wouldn't eat purees for a few days, so I started giving her whole food (cut into small pieces) and she gobbles it right up. She was just over baby food.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sometimes DD wants all the food and sometimes she just jacks with it.   Since I don't really do purees i have no idea how much solid food she is eating
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    DD has been teething and it has definitely decreased her interest in eating.  Sometimes when she does eat, if the spoon hits her gums in the wrong way, she'll fuss or cry so I know it's her teeth that are bothering her.  I just try to remember that food under one is just for fun and I don't press it.  If she's not interested, I just try again later.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Turns out this was a teething thing.  His first tooth just broke through the skin yesterday and he is back to eating like he used to.  Thank goodness!

;

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"