April 2013 Moms

Virus? Teething? ugh. WWYD?

DH and I are taking our first baby free trip to Cabo tomorrow (whoop whoop!!) and of course, DD is acting all funky. She hasn't had much of an appetite the last week but the past 2 days have been terrible! She has only eaten roughly 16oz of her normal 32oz and has no interest in solids. She is still having wet and BM diapers, she doesnt seem like she feels sick, just groggy and a little cranky. Last night she went to sleep at 5:45pm and didn't wake up until 7:15! She ate about 4 out of her 6oz for breakfast then 20 minutes after eating, threw it all up. I called her peditricians office for peace of mind and they said it sounds like a virus. I just feel so terrible leaving her with our parents when she is sick. I am worried I am not going to enjoy the trip as much as I should because I am just going to be worried about her

WWYD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Virus? Teething? ugh. WWYD?

• Will you have email? I'd just ask for a few scheduled updates for a day or two (like, have the grandparents send a breakfast and dinner time update, so you can RELAX in between knowing an update will be coming, and hopefully your LO feels better soon!). Maybe try a round of Tylenol in case LO is teething and just has a sore mouth? GL and try to enjoy your vacation!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • I would get her checked out. Even if it is just teething, then you will know for sure. 

• Loading the player...
  • I would also get her checked out.

As for your trip, only you can decide your comfort levels in leaving her. I personally would have a really hard time leaving my LO if she was sick, but that's me - I'm a weiss and don't have money at stake in this equation. I've also been left with my nephew once who was sick the entire time and it was AWFUL. Granted I was kid free at the time and really didn't know what I was doing. I would make sure whomever has LO is comfortable dealing with a sick child (prepare for the worst) and hopefully they will reassure you all will be fine and you can go away AND actually relax and enjoy it!

Have  a great trip. Me = jealous!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• this sounds exactly like LO when he was getting ALL of his teeth, except for the two he's getting right now (this round has just meant screaming).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It could be either.  I would also take a trip to the doctor's just to make sure she doesn't have an ear infection or a chest cold. 

My girls went on a no eating strike too.  The both have colds.  And both had ear infections and chest congestion.  No fevers.  One is finally eating again, but the second is still on her strike, so much so that she's lost some weight.  The pedi wants us to monitor for a few more days before they get concerned.  I'm switching back to Neosure fo rher, there is 10% more calories, so at least if she won't do the volume I can give her a calorie boost.

As for leaving her, she'll probably be fine.  Get the doage for Ibuprofen so if she gets congested they can give her some.  It'll help with the swelling of her nose.  Or the teething pain if it's that.  If it's a tummy virus, it'll pass in a couple days and there's not much you can do but keep her hydrated.  I put in a little extra water in their bottles when they are sick (0.5 to 1 oz).

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"