October 2012 Moms
Options

Fussy Baby

My usually easy going baby has lost his mind.  He is super fussy - use to just fuss at dinner time now pretty much all day long.  He use to go DH and the sitter (she has been with us almost a year) now he freaks and cries most of the time.  If he is put down he cries.  If he is not crying we walk on eggshells because everything sets him off.  He is driving me crazy.  I wear him alot - but he is 24lbs and I can only take a screaming child tied to me for so long (he does clam down when a hold him after awhile),  He is walking but is falling down more and freaking out.  He went for his 1 year and got shots on wed.  The fussyness started the Monday before and picked up the following Sunday. Could it be shots? teeth? a stage? No fever, ears checked on Wed.  Anyone else go thru this.  Any advise? I feel like all he does is whine, moan, and cry.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Fussy Baby

• Options
    I'm in the same boat.  My theory is teeth.  But I blame teeth for everything.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    Wesley was like that when his molars where coming in.  It was two weeks of me carrying him and him being attached to me until his molars pushed through and now he is back to his old self again.  Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Teeth!  Max is doing the same thing!  My lovely mother-in-law had the audacity to say I was "doing something wrong" and "I must have made him like that because of something I'm reinforcing" when he was fussy at his birthday party.  Um....yeah.  She's fun.  Anyway, he's been just like you described for a week and a half now......those molars need to get in NOW!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Teething. My poor dd has been losing her mind with teething.
    Birthday

• Options
    jfrancois said:
    Teeth!  Max is doing the same thing!  My lovely mother-in-law had the audacity to say I was "doing something wrong" and "I must have made him like that because of something I'm reinforcing" when he was fussy at his birthday party.  Um....yeah.  She's fun.  Anyway, he's been just like you described for a week and a half now......those molars need to get in NOW!

My DH implied I was "holding him too much" as well.  I was like "dude if I put him down he screams and I can't take it".  There's hoping it is teeth and it passes soon.  I do tylenol now and then but I don't want to over do. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wally3 said:
    jfrancois said:

My DH implied I was "holding him too much" as well.  I was like "dude if I put him down he screams and I can't take it".  There's hoping it is teeth and it passes soon.  I do tylenol now and then but I don't want to over do. 
    Yep - we do tylenol at night if and when it seems like he needs it to just take the edge off but I don't want to medicate him 24/7 too.  The fussiness has even thrown off his sleep at night - meaning we get less too.  Then my husband and I argue over what to do when really it's just a sit and wait thing.  Ugh.  Just another phase/stage that will pass!  (Hopefully!)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"