April 2013 Moms

Complete and total teething (?) meltdown

LO has teethed rather early and is working on his 7th and 8th tooth right now (upper teeth, on either side of his middle teeth).  He's been a bit fussier with all his teeth, with his primary symptom / side effect being runny nose and ear infection (sometimes turning into 'rhea and diaper rash)... but not really UPSET per se.

Well last night was a whole different story and i pray to God that it was teething and not something else, and that he'll be better today -- my poor little man SCREAMED his head off, I mean, huge, big boy tears and all, from about 7:30 - 9 PM, finally exhausting himself in my arms and falling dead asleep.  He'd had plenty to eat, clean diaper, clean clothes, nothing poking him or hair wrapped around digits, diaper rash cream just in case, etc... just would NOT stop crying.  It was absolutely heart breaking to hear him so unhappy, and nothing helped (tylenol, cold rag, icy toy, sophie, orajel, teething tabs, etc).

However, once he was out, he slept through the night and was still asleep when I left for work at 6:30 AM, so hopefully it was just a weird one night thing and they'll be poking through today and my happy little man will be back. :-(

That was hard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Complete and total teething (?) meltdown

• Oh wow. I'm so sorry! Not being able to help your hurting baby is the worst feeling in the world. Hoping he gets so comfort and rest.

And holy cow, 8 teeth?!

• Oh wow. I'm so sorry! Not being able to help your hurting baby is the worst feeling in the world. Hoping he gets so comfort and rest.

And holy cow, 8 teeth?!

Yes, he's my little shark. 
    :))

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • UGH. Hugs my friend, that sounds heartbreaking. LO very rarely cries, so I would have totally lost it if I was you!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• 8 teeth! Good luck tonight. At least he will be over teething faster when the rest of us are still complaining.
  • JBDamonM said:
    UGH. Hugs my friend, that sounds heartbreaking. LO very rarely cries, so I would have totally lost it if I was you!
    Same here.  He is normally a very happy and sweet natured baby, it was hard to see him in so much pain (and not able to do anything about it!)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Poor kiddo :(  How was he last night?  Better, I hope!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"