November 2012 Moms

So..

Talk to me about Nashville, TN.

We are wanting to take a trip for Christmas. It will be the 1st Christmas with just DH, LO, and myself. DH told me to pick a place that was reasonable to drive to from where we are. I picked Nashville. This is just the beginning of the planning. 

And go!
Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

Re: So..

• What do you like doing?

Do you like historical stuff? The Hermitage is pretty cool, but kind of on the out skirts of Nashville.
    Are you outdoorsy? Fall Creek Falls is Amazing but not really close to Nashville
    I was not really into country music but I know downtown has a few tours and stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nashville is great! I lived there for a couple years and visit often as I have friends there still. If you will be there at Christmas time you should go to the Opryland Hotel. They have these amazing indoor gardens that are always decorated so pretty. They also have a fountain show, outdoor nativity and, carriage rides. There are tons of great local places to eat and shop. Centennial park is also a great place to visit. If you decide more what area you are going to stay in I can make further recommendations if you are interested.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely checkout the Pancake Pantry in hillsboro village. Yum! https://www.thepancakepantry.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I love Nashville as well!  I've been there quite a few times and we've stayed at a different hotel each time.  The last time I was there, we stayed near Vanderbilt.  It was a nice part of town, but I don't think I would recommend staying there for your trip.  The downtown is pretty cool.  I'm guessing that you won't be going to a million bars with LO, but I think that a lot of them would be fine to bring him to during the day.  There's a lot of live music that LO might like.  

• I definitely recommend going to the see the lights at the Opryland if you are around during Christmas time!  It's from Nov 15 - Jan 1st.  If you're up for breakfast, definitely go to the Pancake Pantry as suggested. It is AMAZING. There is usually a line, but it's worth it! I lived near Nashville up until recently, so I'll think of some other things that would be great. 
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Haven't decided exactly where we will be staying. I thank you ladies for recommending a few places. I will keep these places in mind. I think we are up for anything at this point and willing to drive to explore the city. 
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"