Infertility

Ugh....

I don't know if the fact that we are supposed to be doing our FET in 8 days has anything to do with why I'm feeling anxious about my DHs 6 month cancer work up or not.

We have gone through this every 6 months for 6 years.... But I feel anxious about it this time. I didn't even want to go with him. I feel like I want to cry. He keeps reminding me that he is healthy and the scans and blood work will all be negative.... But I'm worried. I guess it is a mix of the hormones and the fact that we are scheduled for our FET on the 6th... But I cannot seem to pull my head out of the negativity realm.
Me: 38
DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
IVF w/ICSI #1
10 little polar bears
FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
Beta 1= 276
Beta 2= 662
4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
5/3/14 ~ D&C
FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
Animals Interacting with Snow

Re: Ugh....

• You brain, heart and body have been through a lot lately! I have my fingers crossed that your husband's appointment goes well, like the last 6 years!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• ***siggy***

Like ThoseThreeWords said, you're emotionally tapped right now sweets. It's normal to be feeling the way you are under these circumstances. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine and they'll find hubby perfectly healthy. Then once that is behind you, you will be able to focus on enjoying being knocked up! :)

(((hugs)))

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I'm just scared. I just want a happy, healthy family!

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• Those are noble and worthy desires O2 girl. Many prayers. May you have peace.
    For more info visit my blog: http://shockinglydomestic.com
  • Oh my goodness! I'm crying. DH is still at the hospital waiting on the doc... And I just realized he gets scans every 6 months, it's been 6 years, and we have our FET for the 6th... I hope that isn't a bad sign :(

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• ********siggy warning********

MH is also a cancer survivor, so I've been there. Sometimes I am so confident that all of his scans will be clear, while other times I get so anxious that I can't sleep for the week leading up to his appointments. Your anxiety is likely stemming from your hormones. Try to remember that with each clean scan, it is less likely to return...the longer he is in remission, the more likely he'll stay that way. Thoughts and prayers for you and YH.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thinking of you, dear <3 Praying for a healthy, happy, GROWING family!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Crap! He has a nodule in his lung! Now we have been going through the nodule stuff since last year. DH even had sections of his lungs removed for testing at my insistence..... They said it was an organizing pneumonia most likely caused by his bleomycin treatment during his cancer treatment....lung damage is common with high dosages. The nodules were gone last scan.. Now he has one again and the doc wants to scan him again in 2 months... Plus for whatever reason they forgot to pull his markers from his blood work last week so he has to have them drawn again!!!! Now I'm just mad >:|

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• You have so much going on and emotionally provably drained. Your DH is in my prayers everything goes great.

us      dogs

Me: 28, DH: 30 TTC since March 2012
    PCO & MTHFR Homozygous/Severe MFI (undescended teste & double hernia as baby)

12/12: 50mg clomid= bfn
    1/13: 100mg clomid= bfn
    2/13: 100mg clomid= bfn 
    6/13: IVF/ICSI (x1 4AA)=BFFN ~49R, 44M, 33F, 14 frosties  OHSS
    8/13: FET #1 (x1 4AA)=First EVER BFP 4dp5dt!! d&c @ 6.5 wks, blighted ovum

10/13: FET #2 (x2 4AA)= BFP 4dp5dt! Twins!!, perfect u/s then spontaneous m/c @ 5 wks
    11/13= RPL/Karotyping= MTHFR Homozygous c667t
    1/14= FET #3 our 2 year anniversary & hopefully our miracle

2 Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

pumpimage

• Goodluck with everything!! I hope you have good news all around! You've been through a lot...try to hang in there!
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How tough. I think it's just the hormones and anxiety. I will pray for your H if that's ok, and I'm sure that everything will be a-ok!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • I just can't deal! I don't even want to go to my appt with the RE tomorrow. Crying..... Sorry I can't think positively right now.

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• If he's had nodules before, try to remember it didn't mean anything last time.  And if you skip your appointment you will only be upset you pushed it later.  I know it all weighs us down, the extra crap in life.  And I had nodules on my thyroid - so I know the feeling of thinking the worst (although not as a cancer survivor) so I know you're letting the negativity in.  Hug your husband, let him remind you why you're doing the treatments and FET.  Remember that you love each other and are facing both of these together.  Then get some rest, get up and deal with tomorrow, tomorrow.  One day at a time.  (((HUGS)))

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• **********siggy warning***********

What type of cancer did he have? MH also had bleomycin as a part of his protocol. We went through something similar last year. MH's scan showed enlarged lymph nodes compared to the prior one (he had lymphoma). They also made him come back in 2 months rather than 6 as well. Those 2 months were really difficult because my mind played all sorts of tricks on me...everything seemed like a fucking cancer symptom. His tumors were in his lymph nodes and lungs, so every time he cleared his throat I was sure they were in his chest again. At his next appointment, his scan were clean again. I have always tried to tell myself not to worry until I had something to worry about...so much easier said than done! His doctors need to take every precaution to make sure he stays cancer free, so every little thing that appears on his scan will get red flagged. I know it is so very difficult, especially when you're trying to start a family, but try to focus on the positive. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this...the last thing you need as your prepping for your FET is this added stress. More thoughts and prayers coming your way.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • O2girl said:
    I just can't deal! I don't even want to go to my appt with the RE tomorrow. Crying..... Sorry I can't think positively right now.

I'm so sorry!! :(
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hang in there. I'm sure the hormones are adding to your anxiety. Sometimes when I felt myself getting a little crazy from the hormones, I would remind myself that what I was feeling is being intensified by the drugs and that it is not as bad as I am making it out to be. Sometimes it helped sometimes not.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• ally510 said:

**********siggy warning***********

What type of cancer did he have? MH also had bleomycin as a part of his protocol. We went through something similar last year. MH's scan showed enlarged lymph nodes compared to the prior one (he had lymphoma). They also made him come back in 2 months rather than 6 as well. Those 2 months were really difficult because my mind played all sorts of tricks on me...everything seemed like a fucking cancer symptom. His tumors were in his lymph nodes and lungs, so every time he cleared his throat I was sure they were in his chest again. At his next appointment, his scan were clean again. I have always tried to tell myself not to worry until I had something to worry about...so much easier said than done! His doctors need to take every precaution to make sure he stays cancer free, so every little thing that appears on his scan will get red flagged. I know it is so very difficult, especially when you're trying to start a family, but try to focus on the positive. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this...the last thing you need as your prepping for your FET is this added stress. More thoughts and prayers coming your way.   

My DH had an advanced stage of testicular cancer. The tumor formed in his abdominal cavity. They removed all of his lymph nodes in his abdominal cavity and they all came up negative. The doctors have said that the bleomycin most likely isn't responsible for the nodules... At least that is what they said at the beginning until I showed them numerous studies that suggest that the long term effects of bleomycin can be residual lung damage... Which ironically shows up about 5 years post treatment... Which is exactly what happened to my DH. The problem with studies on patients post treatment with bleomycin.... Most are so advanced that making it to the 5 year mark doesn't happen.... So the docs are a little uneducated in my opinion on the long term effects of high dose bleomycin.

That all being said... I hope with all my heart that YH and MH stay cancer free and these are just residual benign damages caused by a nasty drug used to treat an even nastier disease.

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• @O2girl sending you and your husbands T&P's and lots of strength.
    *Losses mentioned*
    Me: 34 DH:32
    TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    HSG = tubes clear, bicornuate or septate ute; MRI= severe arcuate uterus no septum seen 
    SA #1 low count, low morph;  SA#2 4% Morph, count OK  SA#3 july 2014= NORMAL!!!
    9/2013  IUI#1 w/Clomid 100mg = over response; cycle converted to cryoocyte IVF
    IVF #1: 9/15 ER= 9 mature eggs, all eggs made it thru vitrification
    10/23 ICSI 6 fertilized; 10/28 5dt of two morulas. Hold on to me babies, stick, stick, stick!!
    11/6 BFP EDD 7/14/14 Beta #1= 18; 11/9 Beta #2= 44.8; 11/12 Beta #3= 7 = Early loss @4w6d. No frosties
    Feb 2014 Hysterscopy = no septum seen ute all clear in the inside
     IUI #1.1 4/2/14 Beta on 4/16 BFN
    Thinking about IUI #2  RE advised to try 3?????
    Natural cycle surprise BFP 8/3/14 EDD 4/11/15  beta#1(8/5/14)=35 Beta#2(8/8/14)=22  CP/Early loss@5w
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• @O2girl praying that all goes ok. So sorry you and your husband are going through this right now.
    Me: 35  low AMH, normal FSH
    DH: 31 Fair DNA fragmentation test :( Normal SA
    TTC: since March 2012

09-21-13 start IVF #1
    10-04-13 ER 6 eggs, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. 3 frozen
    10-08-13 fresh transfer canceled due to high progesterone
    waiting for FET
    10-18 started BCP
    10-29 baseline appt scheduled
    11-20 scheduled date of FET #1
    12-2 BFN :(

3-1-14 moving on to the next step. Switched RE. going to plan 3 IUI cycles while saving for IVF#2

April 2014- IUI#1  BFN
    May 2014- IUI#2 BFN
    June 2014 IUI#3 BFN

Taking a break for a while, focusing on our wedding.

Sept 24th missed period! Surprise natural BFP
    10-15-14 first ultrasound
    06-05-15 EDD

imageimage

• I am so sorry to hear all that you are going through.  I can't imagine all the stress you are carrying between your DH's health and infertility.  Just like the PP mentioned - he's had them before and it was nothing so don't jump to the worse!  I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you have a good appointment with good news!  

Married my best friend on 9.6.11 
    Me 31 DH 29 
    TTC since 12/2011 
    Me - all normal test results 
    DH - SA #1, #2 and #3 - 0% morphology 
    Straight to IVF w/ ICSI 
    April 3 - start date for BC 
    April 18 - tentative start date for injections 
    Tentative IVF dates: ER - 4/27 and ET - 5/3!! DELAYED.
    IVF #1 - May 6 - Estrace
    May 17 - started injections!
    ER and ET end of May!! BFFN :(
    FET #1 - June 28th - BFP!!!! :)
    Beta #1 - 164, Beta #2 - 381
    1st u/s 7/16/13 - 2 sacs with yolks! 1 smaller than the other - Possible Twins?! 
    2nd u/s 7/26/13 - 1 healthy baby with heartbeat of 123bpm! Second sac empty. Next u/s 8/5/13.
    8/5/13 (7w2d) - no heartbeat. Lost our precious LO :-/
    D&C on 8/12/13 - finally neg hcg 2 months later on 10/3/13.
    Saline Songram on 10/10/13 - found polyp :-( post-poned again.
    Hysteroscopy on 10/29/13.
    FET #2 - BFP!!!! :-) 
    Beta #1 - 265, Beta #2 - 692
    12/24-12/28 (6w) - lost our LO (2nd miscarriage in a row)
    RPL panel and Karyotyping; results all normal!
    Started bcp's 1/24/14; saline sonogram 1/30/14 - All clear!!
    IVF #2 02/15/14; ER 02/26/14 - freeze all due to mild OHSS. 
    7 blasts; PGD on all 7 - all 7 normal!!!
    FET #3 4/8/14; BFP!! :-)
    Beta #1 - 235, Beta #2 - 539
    1st u/s - It's TWINS!!!!
    2nd u/s- both babies measuring on track! Heartbeats of 118 and 122!!
    EDD: Christmas Day!!!

** ALL ARE WELCOMED **

image  photo 866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimage 
  • Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the support. I don't talk about all the little scares or oddities that come up with my DHs recovery from cancer with very many people my DH and I know (Only a few close girlfriends); this is simply because I don't want to scare anyone who loves my DH.

I try to stay positive... But yesterday got the better of me. The worry also stole my joy about my upcoming FET... That is all on me.

Emotionally I am in a better place then I was yesterday.... And I wanted to thank you all for your encouraging words and kindness. Xoxox

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• So much on your plate right now, saying a prayer for you and your DH!
  • I'm glad today is a better day for you. I'm thinking of you and your DH!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"