Infertility
Options

not the greatest news today, concerning high progesterone level

ER takes place tomorrow. All my levels look good because I responded so well to the meds. Only issue was the progesterone was high, this is an issue (as you may already know) because that can affect the lining of the uterus, and my lining was "ahead of schedule" maybe is the way to put that. My Dr. explained it like an airplane coming in for landing and the landing being too far ahead and the plane missing it's target. 

He said there are a couple of options depending on how many embryos develop well (which he doesn't foresee a problem with having several good embryos). He says if there are several good ones, they can go ahead and transfer one and then freeze the others. That way in about a month, they can transfer one of those embryos at the optimal time, which sounds the most promising. Or if we only have one good embryo, we can just hold off the transfer. It will depend on how the eggs develop this week. I was a little disappointed with that news, okay in fact I balled like a baby...silly, I know, I'll blame it on the hormones! It's a shame I feel doubtful going in, wish I was a little more hopeful, really wanted this to work the first time due to paying OOP for meds. 

Anyone else have this issue, what's the chances the embryo could still implant I wonder????

Re: not the greatest news today, concerning high progesterone level

• Options
    Coming out of hiding to tell you my story. I had elevated progesterone at trigger, transferred one anyway and froze one. Fresh transfer did not take, frozen did but chemical. If I could do it all over again I'd have frozen both, it's annoying to wait a few extra weeks but worse to get a bfn and start all over

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sorrellam30 (Hugs)

@Holly&Troy- I had the same thing happen to me (and I balled like a baby too) My progesterone was high. My Dr at ER told me that if I had any good eggs they would freeze them all. I had 6 ER and only 3 made it to freeze. The way I understood it too was my Uterus was past the point of implantation. It all makes sense when it all has to be timed just perfectly. I know its a disappointment but just be patient and if you end up with a freeze all, just know they are waiting for the perfect time to put those polar babies back in. Good luck to you
    Me: 35  low AMH, normal FSH
    DH: 31 Fair DNA fragmentation test :( Normal SA
    TTC: since March 2012

09-21-13 start IVF #1
    10-04-13 ER 6 eggs, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. 3 frozen
    10-08-13 fresh transfer canceled due to high progesterone
    waiting for FET
    10-18 started BCP
    10-29 baseline appt scheduled
    11-20 scheduled date of FET #1
    12-2 BFN :(

3-1-14 moving on to the next step. Switched RE. going to plan 3 IUI cycles while saving for IVF#2

April 2014- IUI#1  BFN
    May 2014- IUI#2 BFN
    June 2014 IUI#3 BFN

Taking a break for a while, focusing on our wedding.

Sept 24th missed period! Surprise natural BFP
    10-15-14 first ultrasound
    06-05-15 EDD

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sorrellam30, thanks so much in telling your story!! 

Lm92599, thank you for telling me your experience! 

Hugs to both of you!
    Just have to keep hoping it WILL happen and hope to have several to freeze!!
  • Options
    I had same thing happen from ER on Oct 2nd. Freeze all...only one of seven made it. I start drugs tonight for Nov 15th FET

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    I just wanted to pop in and wish you the best. Please keep us up to date on your decision!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Options
    HeatherHam10HeatherHam10 member
    edited October 2013
    I had this happen and they actually cancelled the retrieval..my personal opinion is freeze all and do an FET later. I know that sounds disappointing now but your success rate would be higher. My lining has always been ahead of schedule and i have had a BFN both times. GL in what you choose.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    katib77, good luck on your transfer!

Thanks ladies, it does help to hear from you all and help going into the ER today.
  • Options
    I know it is horrible to hear that you will have to freeze all and be delayed, but I had to do that due to OHSS.  Here I was thinking I would get my transfer 3-5 days later, but when I woke up after ER, they told me it was a freeze all cycle.  I was devastated, but you really want the best optimal environment for the embryos, whether it be good lining in your case, or ovaries, etc. to settle down and shrink back to normal in my case.  In my experience, FET meds are a lot cheaper than the IVF meds, so being OOP shouldn't matter too much (I'm OOP as well).  Also, the process is a lot easier on your body.  Good luck with your ER and your decision!!

**Sig warning***

TTC since 9/2011. DH - 32, me 32.

IUI#1 (natural): BFN; IUI#2 (clomid): BFN; IUI#3 (clomid and follistim): BFN.

IVF #1 March 2013, freeze all (OHSS).

FET#1 June: BFN

FET#2 August: delayed due to thin lining (6.3).  Took a few months off to try and thicken the lining with lots of estrodial.  FET#2.2 December: Cancelled due to thin lining (4.8). Two frosties left.

*New RE* Sonohystrogram and hystereoscopy done in Feb.

IVF #2: ER 3/4/14  ET 3/7/14, transferred 3, 3 day 9 cell perfect embryos.  No frosties.

Beta #1 (14dp3dt) 504

Beta #2 (21dp3dt) 11,561

First ultrasound on 4/3/14 showed 3 sacs: one empty and two with beating hearts!!  At 7w2d, found out that one baby did not have a heartbeat anymore.  Praying that baby B makes it.  Baby B is a girl!

EDD 11/25/14 BORN 11/29/14

**PAIF/anyone welcomed to comment!!  Thank you.

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"