August 2012 Moms
Options

austenfan

Did you update the preschool situation? What did you decide to do?
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: austenfan

• Options

Hey, thanks for thinking of us. :)

Today we visited another preschool, and tomorrow we visit another one. We did not officially decide to pull her from the current one, but I am strongly leaning toward it. She is going to go to school tomorrow, and then we'll see.

It's a bummer that the current one was really the most convenient in terms of price, location and schedule. There are cons to all the other ones I've found to check out. And I've really lost confidence in my ability to choose a good place. I am hoping the one we see tomorrow will knock my socks off. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Update: We visited the second option for a new preschool today, and even though it is further away, I really liked it. The teacher seemed super nice (even gave me her cell # in case I had more questions), and she said they would never give time out for not singing. It is basically the same schedule DD has now, so that will be good. And there are 12 kids as opposed to 20 in her current class. Just have to get the paperwork in now. It feels good to have decided. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you found another school! I'm sure it feels good to have the decision made.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Update: We visited the second option for a new preschool today, and even though it is further away, I really liked it. The teacher seemed super nice (even gave me her cell # in case I had more questions), and she said they would never give time out for not singing. It is basically the same schedule DD has now, so that will be good. And there are 12 kids as opposed to 20 in her current class. Just have to get the paperwork in now. It feels good to have decided. :)
    That's awesome! I don't know how much licensing standards vary from state to state, 20 kids is way over allowed numbers for this age group. You can't have 20 in a class until three. I would not work somewhere like that. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    That's awesome! I don't know how much licensing standards vary from state to state, 20 kids is way over allowed numbers for this age group. You can't have 20 in a class until three. I would not work somewhere like that. 

@Baker_Bride, DD is 3 :)

In IL, they can legally have 10 kids per teacher, up to 20 in a class at 3 years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"