Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby too big for counter top bathtub

Any suggestions on baby that's now too big for the plastic bathtub that you put in counter top? My sink is too small. Thinking im going to have to bath in something in bathtub. I can't imagine it's going to be easy to do kneeling over tub to wash 4 month old.

Re: Baby too big for counter top bathtub

• Options
    I let my 5 month old lay on her back and kick to her hearts content. I sit on a stool beside so there isn't as much bending.
  • Options
    We use one of those mesh bath seats for now.  He's in an out pretty fast so I don't mind bending.  In another month or two we'll probably let him use the bath ring seat.  We had it for our first son and love it but it seems hard to come by now.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What kind of tub do you use
  • Options
    And the bath ring sears have been recalled! I have the same issue and just will keep him the blue bath until he can sit better

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Options
    I put LO in the baby bath tub, in the regular bath tub. He's getting big and splashes most of the water out, but it's my only option because he can't sit on his own yet. Leaning over isn't comfortable, but his baths are pretty quick.
  • Options
    Roxie5739 said:
    And the bath ring sears have been recalled! I have the same issue and just will keep him the blue bath until he can sit better
    I hadn't heard that so I just did a little research.  Somehow, the one I have doesn't seem to be involved.  Everything I read said they're pink or blue and were sold after June 2012.  Mine (though it looks identical) is white and I bought it back in November 2010.  I'll keep using it because I didn't feel there were safety issues and we obviously don't take our eyes off the kids in the tub :)  But it was good to know - thanks for sharing.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    We use the Fischer Price blue whale tub. LO is too tall for it and his head hangs out over the whale's "tale", so we put a flexible plastic cutting board on the end. It is perfect to get him through until he can sit up. He's almost 5 months now and is at the 90th %ile for height and weight.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    We use the Fischer Price blue whale tub. LO is too tall for it and his head hangs out over the whale's "tale", so we put a flexible plastic cutting board on the end. It is perfect to get him through until he can sit up. He's almost 5 months now and is at the 90th %ile for height and weight.
    Thats a great idea!! We have the same issue with our 4.5 month old who is already 30 inches tall.  We will be using the plastic cutting board trick tonight!! 

On a side note, we have also used our Bumbo in the shower for LO. He loves to have the shower rain down on him and with him in the Bumbo he's safe. (DH is always in the shower with him.)
  • Options
    We use the Primo Eurobath. It's supportive too :)
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Fisher price whale tub. Love it! When LO gets too big, take out the green "seat" so long as baby can sit on own. We used it through about 15 months.
  • Options
    We still use the inflatable duck tub for DD who is 20 months. I put it in the big tub but I think it could be used elsewhere if necessary. It was hard to deal with the kneeling by the tub at first but I got used to it. My mom hates bending so she always bathed me and my brother in the kitchen sink and does the same with her grandchildren.
  • Options
    My lo is the same. She is 6 months and in the 97% for her height. We use the pink summers bath tub and her feet touch the end of it, but since she can't sit up on her own yet, we still use it in the tub where she can kick a lot. She loves to splash!

New Mommy!!!

• Options
    We switched from the whale tub to sitting baby in a laundry basket in the tub.  She can sit on her own.  The laundry basket keeps her toys within reach and gives her something to hold onto when she is unsteady.  We put a rubber bath mat on the bottom so she is grippy.  We started doing this at around 6months...she LOVES it.  She plays in there for a good 30plus minutes at a time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"