Georgia Babies

Unhappy New Year to me :(

Okay, I'm totally throwing myself a pity party today, so forgive the dourness of this post, but I have to vent....

I'm sick.  Some kind of sinus/ear/congestion thing that evidently isn't bad enough to be visible by the dr I saw yesterday but is painful and annoying enough to keep me from sleeping.  That is, sleeping in between the waking-every-two-frigging-hours spree that HC has decided to embark upon the last few nights, for no apparent reason.  She's not sick, not teething, not really hungry when I nurse her, but will.not.SLEEP.

Got my first PP period starting today, of all days.  Why???!?!  I was SO hoping to be lucky and not have one at all until I weaned.  UGH.  It's looking to be a doozy, too.  And I'm worried now about my supply dropping, just in time for HC to start daycare next week.

I have 3 internship interviews via phone next week and DH told me he's going out of town.  Plus the whole daycare thing.  Double UGH.  Then we go OOT for an in-person interview and we'll probably be gone all week so DH can work in Charlotte.  So I have to miss my first week of classes, and play catch-up when we get back.  In my spare time.  Ha!

We're supposed to go out tonight with this couple we're friends with (DH's best friend from childhood and his wife), and the wife won't call me back to talk about what we're doing after dinner.  She's really bad about returning calls, but how else am I supposed to reach her?  They live clear across town and want us to schlep all the way to downtown because she doesn't want to go to a restaurant that's not ITP.  Seriously, she said that to me!  Jeez....doesn't make me want to go spend tons of cash going out with them, especially not feeling well.

I got my hair chopped off yesterday and I think it looks like poop.  

Oh, and DH and I actually caught some would-be house burglars scoping out our place last night to see if we were home!!!  We'd gone up to bed and heard a really loud car coming up our very short, dead-end street, and as we were watching they stopped and acted like they were putting something in our mailbox, only when DH went to check there was, of course, nothing there.  We realized ours was the only house on the street with NO lights on; I think they were looking to see if there was mail in the mailbox or not, to determine whether they would return and try to break in.  (Had a break-in last year and we got an alarm, but still...)  So we didn't sleep much because of that, either.

Okay, tell me to get over myself now, please.  :)  Hope everyone else has a great time doing whatever you're doing tonight; Happy New Year!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Unhappy New Year to me :(

• Boy, didn't realize quite how long that post was....I apologize to anyone who reads the whole damn thing! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry u r having an unhappy day. I hope it gets better soon. The burglary attempt incident is scary esp if ur DH will be OOT. Stay safe!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no!  I'm sorry!!  I would be feeling pretty down as well.  I don't think you need to get over yourself.  Sounds like you have a lot going on.  That stinks you're feeling bad and got AF.  I am hoping to be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get AF until weaning also, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen. 
  • Sorry you are having a bad day.  It will only go up from here.
  • Oh that sucks! I am sorry you are not feeling well and that HC is not sleeping well. Tell your friend's wife to stuff it and pick a restaurant and tell her there or nowhere. When she says nowhere be excited that you got out of that one hehe. I am also glad that your house was not broken into. I'd be afraid too. I hope you guys filed a police report. I hope you have a good day today and that you feel better.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well my friend, we are on the same cycle.  My first PP AF showed this morning also.  Motrin for everyone!  And Little D has been up every couple hours the last 2 nights.  I took her to the pedi yesterday because she was vomiting so the poor dear has been on Pedialyte.  I'm so sleepy and can't imagine staying up for NYE tonight.  I think our friends will understand.

Anyone who refuses to go OTP is weird.  And inconsiderate to not meet you somewhere convenient for both of you.  She sucks!

The people checking out the mailbox is really scary stuff.  I know you have an alarm - but if anything (knock on wood) were to scare you at night without your DH there, call us after you call 911.  We live so close, I bet my DH could make it to your house before police could.  If you need someone to pick up your mail while you are OOT, let me know.

Take care dear - 2008 brought us our beautiful daughters.  It may be going out on a sour note, but it was a good year.  :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Solutions:

1.  You are sick.  You should not go out tonight in the windy cold.  Esp all the way downtown.  Your baby is not cooperating at night and you are exhausted and miserable.  If your friends are nice, they will understand.  Leave your friend a vm and an email and cancel or offer to throw a Stoffers Lasagna in the oven and invite them over.  Besides, people drive drunk all the time on NYE and I make it a habit to not go out and get in their way.

2.  Your hair will grow back.  Besides, it probably looks great, just different than you are used to it looking.

3.  Call your local precinct and report prowlers in your neighborhood and see if you can get a patrol car to drive through your neighborhood a couple times in the next few days/nights.  Put a note in your mailbox saying you have seen the prowlers and notified the police.  Get a beware of the dog sign for your yard and front and side doors.

4.  See if you can find a friend to cover baby duty when you expect your interview phone calls.  If not, do not panic if HC makes noise during your call.  If she gets OOC just explain to the interviewer that you are home alone with your baby and you need to attend to her and ask if you could get a call back or call them back when HC is napping or your DH is home.  Handling a "crisis" situtation calmly may impress your interviewer.

5.  Most times you won't miss too much schoolwork at the beginning of a semester, but I would try to contact the professors to make sure attendance isn't madatory and your grades won't be affected.  Should be easier than you think to make it up.  If not, put your DH in charge one night/weekend and cram.

6.  Your supply should be fine.  If it is low usually it will recover in the next few days as I am sure HC will be "demanding", which should help you adjust.  If not, look up advice about fenugreek or call your LC.  I wouldn't supplement bc you want to make sure that HC is on your breast each time she is hungry.

If you were just posting to vent, feel free to ignore all my advice and have an early glass of champagne.  :)  I hope your day gets much better and you have a very Happy New Year after all.

• I'm sorry there is so much stress on you at once! I hope things calm down soon and that you are feeling better. ((HUGS))
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"