Pregnant after IF
Options

Anxiety about U/S?

So we're scheduled for our second u/s this Thursday, where they told us we should be able to hear a heart beat.  I'm so nervous that we won't hear it that I'm driving myself insane.  I'm typically not an anxious person, so this is so uncharacteristic for me.  I've been taking like 2-3 HPTs everyday just to make sure the second line is still there.  Ever since my SCH bleed last week I just can't seem to get my head to let it go and think positive again, even though we saw the sac and bean still in there.  I started crying at the bagel place yesterday morning for cryin' out loud (no pun intended)!  I'm just hoping and praying that bean is still growing and is OK.  Anyone else have/had this kind of anxiety?  What did you to do combat it?
Me 31 ~ DH 30
IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
<3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
DX - PCOS 2004
FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15

Re: Anxiety about U/S?

• Options
    I don't think I can say anything to calm you down since your still peeing on sticks! Omg I love you Hun and ill keep you in my prayers that everything goes well, I would say enjoy your pregnancy until your DR tells you other wise, worry is the one thief of joy, enjoy the moment.
  • Options
    I still have anxiety before appts and were 16w3d. I really haven't found much that helps aside from having the u/s and seeing they're OK.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bhead81bhead81 member
    edited October 2013
    FutureMrsW9 - I can completely relate.  I have my last RE appointment on Thursday and am a little freaked out that the heartbeat will be gone.  I have had no more spotting or bleeds in over a week so I really have no reason to freak out but I am so anxious over the appointment. It doesn't help that I was in a car accident (rear ended, about 5-10 mph and no injuries) on Saturday so I keep freaking out that something happened there.  My RE and midwife but said I have no need to be seen unless I start cramping or bleeding since it was a minor accident.  

I keep trying to remind myself today I am pregnant I will enjoy it today.  I also read Philippians 4:6-8 which is about anxiety. While I wish I could say it cures the anxiety it doesn't but it does help me calm down some.
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Man, do I know EXACTLY how you feel. My first ultrasound is on Weds. and I am terrified and having severe anxiety that we won't see something there. I try and tell myself every day that I am pregnant. There will be a baby. 90% of pregnancies go off without a hitch...Yet, your mind is sabotaging little witch! All you can do is visualize good things, surround yourself with positive thoughts and people, do not read anything bad, and try and breathe. 

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options
    I'm incredibly anxious for our first u/s on Friday too. This whole thing is just a stress fest, let's be honest!

(((hugs)))

Everything will be ok :)

• Options
    I think the anxiety is normal. After 2 years of disappointment in ttc, I found it very difficult to believe that it was finally happening. I still feel that way. My mom told me to remember that I am pregnant today and cannot control tomorrow. I need to live in this moment. My 14 weeks appointment is on Wednesday and I'm still super nervous, so I'm not sure the anxiety every truly goes away, but I think with each milestone, it lessens. Good luck. I am sure everything will be fine!
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Options
    I'm right there with you guys.  I'm stressing like crazy.  Our ultrasound is tomorrow.  I'm going crazy with wonder on the head count in there.  
    I've been fortunate with no issues yet.  Just been sick all month with allergies to meds, head cold, pink eye, bronchitis....a touch of queasy...but not much major..And a decreased appetite.

Thoughts& prayers to everyone waiting!! Who knew we'd be in a totally different two week wait after beta?
    ****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

• Options
    The anxiety never goes away. I still worry and I'm 35 weeks. I prayed a lot. and tried to distract myself. Each milestone I hit it got easier: good beta, heartbeat, good NT scan, etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am sick with worry! I am afraid of loosing this pregnancy every minute of every day. The anxiety is completely overwhelming!
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Options
    I'm right there with you guys.  I'm stressing like crazy.  Our ultrasound is tomorrow.  I'm going crazy with wonder on the head count in there.  
    I've been fortunate with no issues yet.  Just been sick all month with allergies to meds, head cold, pink eye, bronchitis....a touch of queasy...but not much major..And a decreased appetite.

Thoughts& prayers to everyone waiting!! Who knew we'd be in a totally different two week wait after beta?
    I never thought of it that way, but so true - is like a whole other 2ww!  Aside from having the SCH, which obviously threw my emotions for a loop and I haven't quiet gotten back on the excited/happy/pregnant train yet, but I also don't really have many symptoms, which I was sure I'd have by now.  My mom said she had nausea all through her first tri and my sister did, as well - so where's mine!  I'm seriously wishing nausea upon myself *eye roll*  My boobs are a little sore, but they're not consistent, some days are worse than others....but my HPTs are still positive (I know I'm insane) so hopefully that means we're still growing and chuggin' along!  I just want Thursday to get here so that I can know what's going on in there regardless!  Trying to think positive!

Actually, last night DH and I finished a puzzle, it's apparently our new thing to try to avoid watching so much tv at night.  I bought a 500 piece Halloween puzzle, and it was all out on the table, obviously not done, when my parents came over and we told them we were pregnant.  Well, my dad goes, "Now you have to finish it because it represents the Kub [a play on my and DH's names together that my family now uses]."  So finishing it last night totally shifted my mood and made me feel a little better....I still want my nausea haha.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean. I don't have an appointment until next Wed but anxiety started kicking in yesterday. I even dreamed I started bleeding last night. My symptoms are very similar to yours and I feel the same way you do about it. I have had 3 losses so far and no morning sickness with any of them so I have this idea in my head that the pregnancy that works out will be the one where I have morning sickness. I know it's not logical but my PAIF/PGAL brain won't quit stressing me out. Sorry I can't offer any advice on how to relax, I am too wound up!

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"