Blended Families

BM lack of judgement...wwyd?

My BF got his girls yesterday for his week with the ages 6 and 4. One of the first things they tell us is that their mom had them watch their wedding video yet again. This has been an ongoing thing. BM lives with her boyfriend but I guess watches this when he is at work. She is asking for divorce papers to be finalized but is watching this with the kids. He has told me she is bi-polar and has issues but this is not at all good for the kids. I've told my bf that its not good for the girls but I don't want to keep giving my opinion and irritate him. The girls also told us they watched chuckie and family guy dvds! The 6 yr old went into detail about how chuckies wife stabbed him with a knife etc. I would never let them watch this stuff or even my own daughter, none of it is appropriate in my opinion. Would you encourage dad to speak up or just let it go and ride it out?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BM lack of judgement...wwyd?

• Regarding the wedding video:  It isn't completely awful for the girls to see the video.  Depending on how things are between your BF and BM (do they fight a lot in front of the girls, is there a lot of animosity?) it might be helpful for the girls to see that once upon a time their mother and father loved each other and were happy.  But if BM is letting them watch it and then bemoaning the demise of the marriage, then there's a problem.

As for the other movies:  definitely inappropriate subject matter for the girls.  But honestly there isn't anything your BF can do about it.  He can bring it up to BM, but he can't control what happens at BM's house.  All he can really do is not let the girls watch those types of movies when they are with him.  If they ask to watch the movies he can tell them the movies aren't appropriate and suggest something else.  But that's about it.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"