Success after IF

Halloween candy and kids

So on Friday, DC announced to me that I need to bring in a bag of Halloween candy. Um, E is 15 months. She doesn't eat candy. I mean, were talking about a whole room of 1-2 year olds. What are they going to do with a bucket of candy? They said the kids will go trick or treating room to room.
Plus, have you ever tried to find Halloween candy that is dairy free, nut free, and not a choking hazard? Doesn't exist y'all. Just doesn't.
I hate to be that hippie parent who doesn't believe in candy and send a bag of apples. But come on. WWYD?
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: Halloween candy and kids

• They don't even let us bring candy to DS's daycare/school.  Even on birthdays, if you want to bring something, you have to take like pre-packaged fruit or something.  Could you do something like nerds?  Not sure if that is a choking hazard...   
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Can you bring in something like bags of goldfish or I saw someone who took in fruit cups decorated to look like jack-o-laterns on top (cups of peaches with triangle eyes, nose and a mouth drawn on the plastic lid with black marker.)  Candy does seem strange for such young kids.  I mean, my 2 year-old will eat say a mini kit-kat but one and Maren?  She's too young for any candy at all.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • I am so surprised your DC is doing candy! Every daycare I know is a nut-free and candy-free school, mostly because of allergies. Our school is doing trick-or-treating, but you can only bring in toys, no candy. However, we are taking Grayson trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and he isn't going to eat the candy. It's just for fun. I assume they aren't giving it to the 1 and 2 year olds to eat? If you want to bring something else, I would say go for it :)
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • I would meet with the DC teacher about this. I would be very concerned about this. At 2.5 years, DS still doesn't eat candy except for the occasional m&m. I would not bring in candy for the class. I would also not allow DS's at 15 months to collect candy at school. I might be on the conservative end though.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I've seen bags of Halloween pretzels that you could buy.

Although I confess that I'm a bad mom and let my 2 1/2 year old eat candy (in limited amounts of course)
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• CarrieB. said:
    I've seen bags of Halloween pretzels that you could buy. Although I confess that I'm a bad mom and let my 2 1/2 year old eat candy (in limited amounts of course)

This does not make you a bad mom!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• itsmevkb said:

CarrieB. said:

I've seen bags of Halloween pretzels that you could buy. Although I confess that I'm a bad mom and let my 2 1/2 year old eat candy (in limited amounts of course)

Lol. @Dragonfly1226 was making me feel bad about letting A have candy. She loved trick or treating Saturday.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• CarrieB. said:
    CarrieB. said:

Lol. @Dragonfly1226 was making me feel bad about letting A have candy. She loved trick or treating Saturday.

@CarrieB. - Don't let me make you feel bad! I know I am at the conservative end of things. FWIW, DS does have dessert after dinner most nights. Some nights it's fruit and other's it's a little bit of ice cream or a cookie. I do believe in everything in moderation. If you never give sweets then kids don't learn how to eat them without going overboard. We don't give DS candy though and I would definitely not want him participating in a candy fest in school. It's just how I would feel. It doesn't mean it is right for everyone - just right for us. We are taking DS trick-or-treating this year too so we will have to see how it works out.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • CarrieB. said:
    CarrieB. said:

I like the goldfish or pretzels idea ... or even cups of apple sauce, or what about Annie's organic fruit snacks?  Not the healthiest in the world, but they are a fav treat at our house.  

And ha @carrieb.  don't feel bad.  J and E both went trick-or-treating and I've been letting them have a piece of candy of their choice out of their buckets after dinner every night.  So far they have survived!  
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Buckets of candy at 15 months? That's cray cray IMO. I understand a piece of chocolate or something for a treat (although that's out for E with her diet), but to have candy at daycare seems a bit much, especially when some of those kids may be trick-or-treating with sibs later on - talk about overload!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• @saraevh I love the fruit snack idea! That's perfect!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I'd do something healthy and ask that they not let E eat anything you'd consider a hazard for her. I've also seen clementines with jack o'lanterns drawn on the rinds....maybe a good option for your peel loving E!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"