December 2012 Moms

Teething Poop

DD has had terribly gross poop diapers 2-3 times per day since Friday.  I can feel a tooth trying to poke through on the bottom/left side of her gums, and it feels like it might break through any day... However I'm a FTM and this is her first tooth, so I have no idea - could be weeks for all I know.

For those of you with LO's that had bad poop diapers with teething, how long did they last?  We use cloth diapers and the last few days have been a little rough on mama :P

Re: Teething Poop

• This happened to us once, but it was more like 10 poops a day. It lasted about three days. Poor DD had diaper rash so bad, she wouldn't even sit on her butt. She almost never gets diaper rash. I hope it gets better for you soon!
  • This happens to lo too.  Try using Vaseline and diaper rash cream when you change her diaper and then once the rash is gone continue to use the Vaseline.  We found that using the Vaseline even when she doesn't have a rash it helps prevent them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This happens to lo too.  Try using Vaseline and diaper rash cream when you change her diaper and then once the rash is gone continue to use the Vaseline.  We found that using the Vaseline even when she doesn't have a rash it helps prevent them. 

Vaseline isn't safe for cloth diapers, so we can't go that route. And actually her butt doesn't look bad at all. We use her diaper cream stick at every change for protection. I just want it to be done because it's so gross :P. Her diaper this morning was AWFUL. Poor baby. Still no tooth thru this morning...
  • I don't know if this will help, but maybe try feeding her bananas, at least for a couple of days.  Bananas are binding.  Moms, is this wrong advice?
  • She does love some bananas... Maybe I'll let her go to town!
  • We have molars and incisors coming in and her poo is terrible! I can't imagine cleaning that off of a cloth diaper.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"