Blended Families
Options

I don't know what to do with myself!

LOL! 

We had a company shut down for two weeks. I had to work one of those days because my department did not completely shut down, but I have had 13 days off.  I can not even remember the last time I've had two weeks off.  It's been years. 

We didn't even have a honeymoon. I took two days off before the wedding - ended up working a half day - and then went back to work the Monday after!

I'm a workaholic.  And my job has been crazy. I'm reaping the rewards (if I don't get laid off next week in the next big cut) but damn. I need to seriously work on taking time for myself.

Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 7.  I woke up with DH at 5AM.  I slept 10 solid hours last night. WTH?  I never do that. 

But I gotta say. My house looks freakin' fantastic.  I've been decorating and doing all the things I haven't had time or energy for before. My husband is shocked. 

Re: I don't know what to do with myself!

• Options

You could always be a nice Bumpie and come to my house and clean and decorate! I would have no problem with that :) hehe. 

Enjoy your time off :) Get a mani/pedi or something special for yourself :) You deserve it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm finally getting my "2nd trimester burst of energy" - that's why I gotta get my butt off here and start doing all the things I want to do today - undecorate from Xmas, pack for my trip (parents are flying me out to CA for a baby shower they're throwing for me!) start getting the 2nd spare room converted to a nursery, laundry, cleaning out 2 different closets...I plan to do as much as possible today and actually WANT to! I'm off work today and tomorrow - woohoo!

I just wish I could get the 10hrs of sleep you got - that's not like me either but I'm SO tired at night and I never get enough sleep and I wake up WAY early.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how it feels for a workaholic!  Enjoy it for now . . . worry when it's 2 months instead of 2 weeks.Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"