Baby Showers
Options

Hahhhhh.

Went to a baby shower today and some girl was going on about her shower next weekend. Now, her 1st daughter is 3. I immediately tuned in to the conversation. Not only is she having ANOTHER shower (she doesn't work- she makes her husband pick up overtime), she's throwing it for herself and says about the shower we were at... "God I have 45 people coming to my shower I can't even imagine what it's going to be like" smdh. Some people.....
Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.

Re: Hahhhhh.

• Options
    :-S

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha! Uhm I would never attend that shower, I'm surprised she has 40 guests coming!!!! Wow!
    :-q
  • Options
    I would refuse to go. She wouldn't get a thing out of me. However if invited I may go and just eat her food and cake. Since it's okay for her to be greedy and selfish. Only proper I return the favor.
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Options
    I would assume that the shower is more like a sprinkle.  Since my husband has a gigantic family, my future sprinkle would still be quite large.  Even if I only invited the close family members I'd be inviting at least 30 people, and that doesn't include any of my family.  I've been to a few sprinkles for the family members and people usually just bring some diapers or toys.
  • Options
    Darbie914 said:
    RebeccaY1 said:
    I would assume that the shower is more like a sprinkle.  Since my husband has a gigantic family, my future sprinkle would still be quite large.  Even if I only invited the close family members I'd be inviting at least 30 people, and that doesn't include any of my family.  I've been to a few sprinkles for the family members and people usually just bring some diapers or toys.
    Sprinkle = shower.  They are the exact same thing.
    Showers and sprinkles are nothing alike.  In my family we celebrate every baby and always have some sort of a party.  The first baby always gets a big shower, the rest get small sprinkles.  The showers are really large, have games, tons of gifts, and their purpose is to welcome the mother into motherhood.  Sprinkles are small, few gifts that are usually homemade or diapers.  At sprinkles the purpose is to get the pregnant woman out of the house to celebrate.  We get a babysitter and do something fun, like get mani/pedi, go to a concert, go for high tea, get our hair done.          

• Options
    RebeccaY1 said:
    Darbie914 said:
    RebeccaY1 said:
    Sprinkle = shower.  They are the exact same thing.
    Showers and sprinkles are nothing alike.  In my family we celebrate every baby and always have some sort of a party.  The first baby always gets a big shower, the rest get small sprinkles.  The showers are really large, have games, tons of gifts, and their purpose is to welcome the mother into motherhood.  Sprinkles are small, few gifts that are usually homemade or diapers.  At sprinkles the purpose is to get the pregnant woman out of the house to celebrate.  We get a babysitter and do something fun, like get mani/pedi, go to a concert, go for high tea, get our hair done.          

The second thing you described is not a "sprinkle," it's an outing. Like Darbie said, a sprinkle is a shower where gifts (though smaller) are given. I have no problems with having no-gift gatherings for subsequent pregnancies.

• Options
    No. This girl is planning it herself. At her house and has a registry. There is no "cutesy" way to pretend this girl isn't selfish.
  • Options
    RibbitGrl930RibbitGrl930 member
    edited November 2013
    It being at her house and having a registry does not make it tacky. Most moms (first-time or otherwise) will create a registry to keep track of what they need, and some showers will be held at the MTB's home for space or convenience.

But her planning it herself? Tacky McTackster.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"