July 2013 Moms
Options

How do you know if LO has a cold? (And some mommy guilt)

KikiCohenKikiCohen member
edited October 2013 in July 2013 Moms

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you know if your LO has a cold?  I can't believe that with as sick as DH and I have been that P didn't catch it.  I mean, we have been extra careful with hand washing, etc. 

And I'm having major mommy guilt for not taking him to my niece's Halloween party tonight :(  I just absolutely feel horrible.  I don't want to spread my germs.  I was feeling better yesterday so we at least got to take him to my parents' house for trick or treat.  I feel like I ruined his first Halloween as completely irrational as that sounds.

Re: How do you know if LO has a cold? (And some mommy guilt)

• Options
    My lo has a nasty cold right now (thanks, grandma). She is very congested, sneezing, snotty/runny nose, her eyes are red and she is very irritable which is very abnormal for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We all had colds last week, and Lyra had sort of a minor version. Stuffy/snotty nose, a little more fussy than usual, very low-grade fever (low enough that I think it was technically not a fever).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So did you do anything about it then?  I mean, if he doesn't have a fever (which he doesn't), there's not much to do, right?
  • Options
    Thanks @etoille!  P always seems to have a little congestion so the saline drops and nose frida get regular usage. 
  • Options
    Ditto saline, suction, and humidifier. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TBH you LO will probably be happier at home anyway! If you have a costume for him, put in on him, take a picture - he won't know the difference.Plus, I bet most people will be thankful you don't spread your germs! Don't feel guilty!! Halloween is my favorite (it's mine and my sister's bday!) and this year we are taking it easy.
  • Options

elyse05 said:
    TBH you LO will probably be happier at home anyway! If you have a costume for him, put in on him, take a picture - he won't know the difference.Plus, I bet most people will be thankful you don't spread your germs! Don't feel guilty!! Halloween is my favorite (it's mine and my sister's bday!) and this year we are taking it easy.

You're right!  I hate it when people show up to things coughing and sneezing.  Thanks :)
  • Options
    Tess had a bad cold, it was obvious. Her eyes were red and watery, she had a congested cough, and was sneezing. She looked miserable. She had a low fever 100.4. We did lots of steamy showers, nose freida snot sucker, and saline drops. Plus tons of nursing and quiet cuddle time. I felt so bad for her and it was a long week but thankfully its over for now.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    I think LO may have a slight cold. She's been more congested lately (more so last week than this week) and the last couple of days she's be an extra bit fussy but I think she's going through a wonder week fussy phase. As others have said, I think you'll just be able to tell if it's a bad enough cold, or bad enough to be bothering her. LO's congestion doesn't seem to bother her so maybe it's just the room (we haven't gotten around to getting a humidifier yet *hangs head low*)
    Lisa 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"