August 2012 Moms

Can we talk about Gravity? (spoilerific)

We saw it last night and OMG. At first I had no interest in this film because the movie Space Camp in the 80s still gives me a tension headache, and the trailer for Gravity called back that childhood trauma. It was worth it though.

The scene where she makes it into the airlock and slowly curls into the fetal position, floating there like an ultrasound photo, was my favorite. While the backstory about her daughter was heartbreaking, it was an interesting contrast between the fragility and resiliency of life (perhaps not the best theme for our dear bumpies presently struggling with child loss though). I will say the end got a little silly between the fire, near drowning by suit and again by seaweed and/or sinking parachute. DH and I were sure she would be eaten by a shark or run over by a jet ski! Whew!

They also left it open for a sequel where she survives the seemingly deserted land she found. All she needs is a lost volleyball named Wilson to float to shore. ;)

So I loved it. Your thoughts??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can we talk about Gravity? (spoilerific)

• I did not. The graphics were cool and that scene you mentioned was neat however, I just thought as a whole the movie was lame (did she swallow gillyweed before entering the water?)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• JulieMarie21JulieMarie21 member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think it is open for a sequel because I'm sure the government, NASA, other government agencies are monitoring what comes in our atmosphere and she'd probably be picked up within a few hours. I really liked the hallucination scene.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was kidding about the sequel ala Castaway. I also liked the hallucination scene and how it was pretty clear that's what it was. I mean, she would have been a space popsicle as soon as he opened the door! Nice to see Clooney again though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"