Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Is this possible?-- 7 days since D&C and AF returns?

shocked77shocked77 member
edited October 2013 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I think my period started today.  Anyone know if that's even possible?  If its not AF then it must be very delayed bleeding.  Doesn't look like fresh blood at all like right after the D&C.

I have felt not pregnant at all since about 2 days after the D&C.  So based on all that i would guess it could be a wierd first cycle.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is this possible?-- 7 days since D&C and AF returns?

• Very normal to have delayed bleeding 1-2 weeks after a D&C. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing for sure but it seems very unlikely you would rebuild lining, cycle, then shed lining that quickly. Most bleeding post D&C would be brown with discharge. I'm two weeks out and haven't stopped, but my case is different because I'm hemorrhaged.

• I do want to add I hope your cycle returns to normal quickly! GL

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the thoughts.  I am guessing its probably delayed bleeding.  It makes the most sense

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was told that it's not possible to have it that early. You can't ovulate and then have it that quickly. I had the same situation and my doctor said that it was delayed bleeding. Delayed bleeding typically is darker in color or brown. Sorry you're going through this. It really sucks…
  • I have nothing to add - I agree with the others. I just wanted to say good luck and hope that AF does make an appearance for you soon! *hugs*
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • I agree with meladoriestar about taking a hpt to see if it's still positive. IMO if it's positive it's most likely not your period.  With my last d&c I only had bleeding for 2-3days after, then nothing for about 4 days, then bleeding started again lasting for about 10days. Bleeding pretty much stopped when I was 14 or 15 days post d&c. I also did weekly hpt's with both d&c's and I had positives for 5-6weeks. AF returned close to 50days later with my 1st and right at 42 days later with my 2nd.

If you have bleeding for longer than 2weeks or if you're going through more than 1 pad an hour, that warrants a call to your doctor.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"