Trouble TTC

I have a secret- mixed feelings ( BFP mentioned NOT mine)

So my brother just told me today that he and my SIL are expecting #2 and they wanted to talk to me before announcing to the family this weekend. I was touched that they talked to me before blindsiding me at the family  event this weekend.  He was so sweet and said if it was too hard for me they wouldn't and just tell people individually.  I told him they should announce this weekend but how much them thinking of Dh and I meant to me. I cried I was so touched they were so considerate!  I will tell Dh tonight but we will be the only ones who know until Sunday. I told him we would act suprised :)

I am very happy for their news I really am.  It is a little hard thinking that our babies would have only been a few  months apart and that does make me really sad, but I know one day that I will have a LO running around with his or her cousins.  I still have hope!
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: I have a secret- mixed feelings ( BFP mentioned NOT mine)

• That's so nice that they handled it that way. My brother & SIL completely blindsided me on Easter Sunday with their announcement of #2... I couldn't hold myself together, and escaped as discretely as I could to drink my wine. My brother ended up following me out there... not fun. Apparently he and my SIL discussed if they should tell me first (I saw them two days before hand to get a slice of pizza), but my brother decided he wanted to tell everyone at the same time. Ugh. And then he tried to console me out on the porch and started asking questions about how long we had been trying, yada yada... and told me that I was sorta over reacting. At that point, I told him that he just needed to stop talking!! I know he was trying his best, but YIKES!! Not even close, buddy!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • That's so nice of them to think of you.  And even nicer how you handled it.  I don't know how I would respond.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Loading the player...
  • That's so nice! That was very sweet of him. I am sorry because I know how bittersweet it can be. Sending you hugs!
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • That was very sweet and sensitive of your brother. ((Hugs)) for you
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• That was a very gracious gesture on their part. I wish more people were like that :-) *hugs* to you and DH
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I have to be honest (revealing MY secret).....this is my one of my biggest fears.  I just wait for it.  My nephew is 2 1/2 and everyone keeps asking when they'll have another...and I am waiting for the day that they announce before I get my BFP.  As happy as I will be to have another niece/nephew...I just want so bad to be the next to announce.

Such a nice thing for your brother to do.... bittersweet I know.  {{hugs}}

ME - 31, DH - 40

Married 06/25/2011, TTC since 03/2012

BFP #1 on 11/13/12 -- EDD 7/24/13 -- M/C (CP) on 11/21/12

BFP #2 on  7/21/13 -- EDD 3/29/14 -- M/C (CP) on 7/31/13

09/4/13 - 4/16/14 -- IUI #1 - 6 = BFNs :(

7/13/14 -- IVF #1 w/ ICSI

ER on 7/26/14 -- 20 R, 15 M, 11 F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4bb); 8 frosties!!!

BFP #3 on 8/8/14 -- EDD 04/18/15

BETA #1:  473,  BETA #2: 1009, BETA #3: 1975

** It's a BOY!!! **

image    image 

• It was a great day and a bit difficult too.  The next morning I woke up early and just laid there and cried and grieved.  It helped to just get some of my feelings out.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Wow - your brother sounds like a really great support! What a nice idea to give you the option for a big reveal or quiet sharing. Obviously this only slightly dulls the pain though. Sorry you're having to go through this. Little reminders are everywhere. It sounds like you've worked hard to be happy for them, so I think that makes you a pretty good sister too! Take care!
    30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
    DH 32yrs & healthy
    *unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
    • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
    • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
    • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
    • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
    • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
    • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

• That was thoughtful of him. You sound like you have a great brother.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Aww your bro is sweet!!
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Your brother sounds like an amazing person. Usually it's hard for family members to understand, but he has a great understanding to be so thoughtful. Good luck to you!
    2 years of trying and 4 months of fertility with injectables. Gave up after mc. Got Pregnant on our own and now due 10.28.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"