Pregnant after 35
Options

Pain, pain, and more pain

I went to fetal testing today and talk about some painful contractions. Since they weren't regular, I was sent home. Well here I am at home about to go crazy. The bottom of my stomach hurts so bad. I have to pee like every few minutes, and it hurts to walk. Today I'm 36 weeks, and I'm now finally at my wits end. Laying in bed just ain't doing it, and I'm drinking lots of water as well. Don't know what to do at this point. The baby is very active and hasn't been still all day. **sigh** I'm just wondering what's to come. I haven't packed my bag or anything.

Re: Pain, pain, and more pain

• Options
    Today was the first day all week I was actually feeling better, until now. All week I've felt uncomfortable no matter what position I try. I had a good day until about an hour ago and now I'm very uncomfortable again and I'm actually feeling almost nauseous! I need to eat but I feel so horrible I don't want to. :(

I'm sorry you're having a hard time and I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Thanks Guennie. I've been feeling nauseous too, especially when I bend over. Feeling like crap is an understatement right now. My mom keeps saying how the baby needs to stay a little longer. I'm like "You're not the one carrying a baby bigger than she should be at this stage." Then I have a small frame as well. And to top it off, my nose is bleeding at times. I'm just staying in the bed and only getting up to bath, use the bathroom or walk around in the room and stretch.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well either. I hope you feel better soon. It'll be over for us soon and we can see our precious babies.
    Guennie said:

Today was the first day all week I was actually feeling better, until now. All week I've felt uncomfortable no matter what position I try. I had a good day until about an hour ago and now I'm very uncomfortable again and I'm actually feeling almost nauseous! I need to eat but I feel so horrible I don't want to. :(

I'm sorry you're having a hard time and I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm only 5 feet tall with a small frame as well, so I am carrying all this weight in my stomach and it's getting a little overwhelming. I will be 36 weeks on Monday and I really want her to stay put and keep baking but man I am afraid to get any bigger. I just don't see how there's any more room!

I haven't had any full on nosebleeds but it has been bloody when I blow my nose and I'm all clogged up at night.

It stinks that you're stuck in bed. I hope your contractions ease up.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    I'm 5'5, and I'm all in the front as well. No one can tell I'm pregnant from behind until I walk.

I'm feeling better today. Still not easy walking around though. The baby has been moving but not like she was yesterday. I felt like she was punching me.

My nosebleeds aren't bad but they are quite annoying and I've been stuffy too. I think it's the weather too.
    Guennie said:

I'm only 5 feet tall with a small frame as well, so I am carrying all this weight in my stomach and it's getting a little overwhelming. I will be 36 weeks on Monday and I really want her to stay put and keep baking but man I am afraid to get any bigger. I just don't see how there's any more room!

I haven't had any full on nosebleeds but it has been bloody when I blow my nose and I'm all clogged up at night.

It stinks that you're stuck in bed. I hope your contractions ease up.

• Options
    I'm 5'3" with a small frame and was in terrible pain by the time I delivered my twins at 36 weeks. It was part of the reason the doctors approved delivering early. My babies were terribly active in utero. I took baths (sometimes w epsom salts in the water) to get them to calm down and relax. It helped enough that I felt some relief and could rest. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"