November 2012 Moms

foods

what kind of foods do you give your 11 month old? are they able to eat cheese.

Re: foods

• Toast, fruit, veggies, meat, chicken, fish, rice, beans... I see no reason why she couldn't have cheese.
  • Yes, cheese is fine. Watch out for some of them with high salt- you'll want to give those in moderation.

We give O whatever we eat, except for the rare occasion we eat any processed foods. She doesn't get sugar or too much salt. Also, nothing with food dye.

• Loading the player...
  • Ive been loving the Morning star veggie burgers and corn dogs for LO when I dont have anything else lined up.  I always supplement with veggies...breakfast is egg and fruit.  I do 1/2 of a babybell cheese a few times a week.
  • kbl13kbl13 member
    edited October 2013
    Purées (chunky & homemade) and yogurt here
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• He eats what we eat, pretty much.  He tries everything.
  • He eats everything we eat except hot wings.
    He eats cooked veggies, fresh fruit and yes, he even eats cheese from time to time. Meat, yogurt (we spoon feed him this), rice, noodles, etc.
    He feeds himself pretty much everything but yogurt.
  • @amberea14 interesting you mentioned no food dye...a friend of mines son has ADHD (8 yrs old) and she stopped letting him eat anything with red dye because she noticed he was off the wall after eating red ice pops...care to share what you know about dyes? I will be on the lookout. ..
  • shella923 said:

@amberea14 interesting you mentioned no food dye...a friend of mines son has ADHD (8 yrs old) and she stopped letting him eat anything with red dye because she noticed he was off the wall after eating red ice pops...care to share what you know about dyes? I will be on the lookout. ..

Sure thing. Here is a link I'm in the middle of reading (it's long). I can give you more detailed info later when I'm in front of a computer. I gave O Amoxicillin one time (as in 1 dose) and she bounced off the freakin walls. I won't give it to her again.

• Don't see a link but....WOW.
  • @AmberEA14 wow! Incredible. I don't think I go out that "nuts" with it HOWEVER I will avoid that crap as much as I can.  Can you recommend a "good" chicken nugget? I've been sending Applegate farm ones to DC.  Those were the best ones I could find according to my research.
  • @shella923 yea, I don't think it's necessary to go as far as that lady unless you have a child with ADHD or any type of allergy to food dyes. I don't buy food with dyes for O,but when she is old enough to know what a cupcake is, I'm not going to stop her from having one at something like a birthday party. Moderation is my motto.

I haven't bought any chicken nuggets for O because 1) she's not a big fan of chicken and 2) I normally just boil it for her with some seasoning and cut into chunks. Life gets busy though and I know it's hard to always make fresh food. The Applegate nuggets aren't that bad (prob about the best you can get ready made), but I found a recipe (listed below) that looks pretty good. I like the idea of freezing a big batch of them. May have to try these too.

https://www.momables.com/lunchbox-wars-4-chicken-nuggets/

• Thanks so much @ amberea14! Will have to try. Have a few days off coming up .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"