Babies: 0 - 3 Months

leaving baby at home alone just to go to the gym? really?

2»

Re: leaving baby at home alone just to go to the gym? really?

• Since no one has pointed this out yet, not only could something happen to the baby while the mother is gone, something could happen to the mother. Then no one would even know the baby was home alone until the husband got home or family were notified about something happening to the mother.

I've heard this same issue come up when a mother didn't want to wake a sleeping baby to drive two blocks to pick up an older child at school. You have to add the risks of anything happening to the sleeping baby and the absent mother.
  • Okay I have to say the husband sounds like a piece of work ( to put it nicely!) for suggesting you find another gym, another excuse , etc. however, I think many of the replies here are crazy judgemental! She's obviously a FTM and it doesn't sound like she has a lot of support. She obviously sounds horrified by her husbands suggestion and came here to ask if she's wrong. Y being horrified by it. Moms, please try to show some compassion!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry, but I know they say "do what works for you", but that absolutely doesn't apply here. No way would I ever leave my baby home alone for any reason. They make work out DVDs & DVD/blue ray players for a reason. Work out at home! Never ever leave your baby, no matter the age or average sleep hours, alone. Absolutely anything could go wrong. It actually scares me that someone would even ask this question or consider it acceptable.
  • Go get a Netflix account, rent workout dvds and stay in your home where your LO is safe and comfortable.
  • Two minutes away or not, that is grounds for getting social services called on you and them taking your child... Tell you husband!
  • Ok there are some people being unnecessarily mean to the OP. obviously she did know that it is wrong, but her husband got her confused and upset so she's essentially verifying that she was right. Probably to show him how many people think he's an idiot. She said her stomach dropped when he suggested it. Her maternal instincts are fine.

But seriously, what an asshole for suggesting it. First of all, like many PP have said, it is both common sense and the law not to leave a baby home alone. Second, i never worked out for 2 hours at a time let alone a month after giving birth. Take it easy and remind him that you just pushed a HUMAN out of your body and need to recover. I definitely wouldn't leave the baby alone with him until he passes a parenting class.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image          image

• What the actual fuck? I refuse to believe this is serious.

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• My husband left his preemie brother (19 years younger then him) home alone to go to the gas station 7 minutes away and buy drinks because he didn't want to wake him up and get him out and he thought it was perfectly fine. idk wtf he was thinking! I was POed to hear about that and it wasn't even my kid! The kid survived, he's now and obnoxious 7.5 year old. But I couldn't believe how irresponsible it was. I never let him babysit his brother alone again.
  • Thank you (:

I ended up trying the WII and I love it! I love my daughter way too much and I've been seeing some crazy ass shit on the news lately about parents leaving their babies at home to go do some stupid shit/pointless stupid shit. My husband still thought I was overreacting til I just got so fed up and was like "wtf is wrong with you" and "she's just a baby ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN" & pointed out what's been happening with the news and crazy shit lately. I think now he sees the big picture.
  • Oh & thank you ladies for your thoughtful words.

(: My daughter had her 2 month checkup the other day. Can you believe she's already 10 lbs?!?! People were not kidding when they say babies grow quick!

• Loppy19 said:
    Work out at home while your baby sleeps.
    This is what I do. 

Your husband sounds like a real peach. :-(
    *E - 08/29/2013*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"