March 2013 Moms
Options

What social things do you all do with your babies?

So DD and I go to the library once a week for "babies and books" and "story time" (a baby activity group and preschool puppet show respectively) and in between she plays in this play area in the middle of the kids library.

It is an awesome time to be had and I wish there was a second activity later in the week to go to in my area that was FREE like the library activities are.

We go to the park almost every day (it's right up the block from us) and she loves to watch the older kids and the toddlers playing. Sometimes children or toddlers will even come up to me and her and chat or play.

I have a friend that I met through my midwife and she and I will hang out and chat but her DD is three months younger than ours and not just yet much of a socializer (though I know that is really just around the corner).

We don't have a church and I am really hoping for a social activity during the week any how because I want something else to do with DD while DH is at work.

What do you do? I'm just looking for some ideas to brainstorm with.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What social things do you all do with your babies?

• Options
    We also do baby story time at our local library, which is once a week and great. My LO gets to "play@ with the other babies afterwards, and we've met some friends through going to that, which have resulted in some play dates.

We also do Stroller Strides 3 times a week. If this isn't something you have in your city (or just don't know about it), it's a great way to get in a workout without ditching your baby. We meet up at a nearby park with our strollers and babies and we work out for an hour. Through this program, there is also a mom's club with one social activity a week. It's really great, but it does cost per month.

Those are definitely our baby social outings each week. Other than those, we a lot of errands:)
  • Options
    When DS was 7 weeks old we started going to a breastfeeding support group at the hospital. I had postpartum anxiety and my OB suggested I go. Best decision ever. I have made some amazing friends and find myself looking forward to group all week!

From the moms I've met at group, we've formed a play group, walking group, and three of us signed our babies up for a baby swim class together which is loads of fun!

My library also has a baby story time, but I haven't actually gone yet. I always forget.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Waiting for my friends to pop so we have more parents to hang out with. Haven't really looked into activities, but now that I'm reading these other posts, feeling a little bit guilty. We do try to get DD out and about as often as we can be it a walk around the park, groceries, birthday parties. She's coming with me tonight to my work Halloween party...mainly because DH is working and it gives me an excuse to leave earlier :)

Anniversary

• Options
    Regrettably I haven't done a whole lot of social thinks with DS, but I'm getting a new work schedule which will give me the exact same days off as a couple of my work friends who are also mommies. We'll be setting up playdates and walk-in-the-park days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"