July 2013 Moms
Options

How long do I leave him in there?!

So lately I've been putting LO down for more naps. No set time, but when he starts to rub his eyes, fuss, and look tired.

Usually I swaddle him, give him a paci, and he passes out within 5 mins. But sometimes he just lays awake looking around. He's not fussing, or upset. But I feel bad about leaving him in his crib for any length of time while he's awake.

Yesterday he was in there for 45 mins. I checked on him every ten mins and stroked his belly (this usually make him close his eyes) he looked tired, so I didn't want to take him out. But he never did sleep, so I picked him up and DH played with him happily for 2 hours when he went for an actual nap.

Is it bad to have him in there by himself awake? Or does he just need a break from the stimulation? I feel so guilty. I really lean toward the "AP" side of things (although I think that term is stupid) so I don't really know what to do.

He's doing the same thing right now.

Re: How long do I leave him in there?!

• Options
    I'd say that's up to you.  I'm at work all day so LO takes naps at DC and on weekends we aren't ever home so she's naps wherever we are.  However I don't think it hurts your LO but if you think he's been in there a while- and want to get him out I would.  LOL sorry no advice I guess but I don't think it hurts him by any means. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LO spends alone time in her crib probably every day. I put her down in the crib with some toys in her reach and rinse out diapers, fold her laundry, etc. As long as he is happyi see no problem with a little alone time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PP if he is happy then I say leave him he'll let you know when he needs to move on to something else
  • Options
    As long as he's not crying, I think it's fine. A quiet baby is a happy mommy!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    If he was upset, he'd let you know.

Finn loves to be held and snuggled, but on occasion he will cry to be put down and left alone. Everyone needs a break from other people sometimes, even young babies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    This was us last night. I kept thinking he was going to start crying. I watched the monitor for 30 minutes and finally he drifted off to sleep. Magic
  • Options
    This was us last night. I kept thinking he was going to start crying. I watched the monitor for 30 minutes and finally he drifted off to sleep. Magic

@lalvillar06, how's the training going for overnight and naps? We started SleepEasy last night. Generally successful. Hard decision to make but he was so exhausted we needed to find a solution.
  • Options
    @rondosa, nights are good but naps are spotty. Sometimes he has an easy time going down, other times he fusses for 5-7 minutes. Naps are still short, though. The book says to keep them in there for an hour but he wakes up after 32 minutes and keeping him in there for the rest of the time doesn't make a difference. I think (hope) that the naps just work themselves out over time.
  • Options
    Good to know. Naps are hard too. This sucks. :(
  • Options
    LO does this, too. I feel guilty that I'm not playing with her but she's not bothered by it so I leave her alone. Enjoy the free time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"