May 2013 Moms
Options

kind of random Halloween/trick or treating question

For some reason the discussion about wake up times got me thinking about bedtime and Halloween.

S goes to bed around 6:30 and is usually pretty cranky if we try to keep her up any later than that unless we're out of the house somewhere. I assumed we'd just put her to bed like usual and then pass out candy to the neighborhood kids. But then I realized between the doorbell ringing, kids yelling trick or treat and the dogs barking at everyone at the front door, I have no idea how she's going to sleep! What are you all planning on doing with regards to bedtime and trick or treating?

Re: kind of random Halloween/trick or treating question

• Options
    We get so many kids that we just keep the door open (and we don't have a door bell anyways.) Our dog goes nutty, though, when people come to the door, so we have to lock her in our bedroom. I think the white noise machine will be running extra loud that night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it's going to be snowing here on Halloween so it's going to be a little too cold to sit outside and/or leave the door open...boo!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A doesn't sleep until well past when the trick-or-treaters will be finished so I won't have to worry. When my boys were young they also slept late but. I have seen many people sit on the porch or the driveway to give out candy as PP mentioned.

• Options
    DH is in charge of our crazy pups and I'll hand out candy. Once DS goes to bed around 7 we're putting a note on the door saying to not ring the bell/baby sleeping and we'll just have a bowl outside. Luckily we live in a huge neighborhood but a small street and our driveway is a big hill. We only get a few groups who are willing to walk up the hill.
  • Options
    kmcd23kmcd23 member
    edited October 2013
    G's bedtime fluctuate between 7:30 and 8:30, despite my efforts, so I think we'll be ok. If it's an early night, I'll turn the sound machine up in our room, turn the tv on in the LR, lock the dog in the guest room, open the wine... Kidding... And leave the door open.
  • Options
    We have a hard time getting LO to sleep before 8:30 or 9 pm so it shouldn't really be an issue for us, but I figure if she does go to sleep early by some chance it's just one night and it's not the end of the world if she gets woken up. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our festival ends at 8:00 and we put her to bed at 7:15 but she plays in her crib until 8:30 sometimes. So hopefully she will okay!! Fingers crossed
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    Okay now I'm a little jealous of your kiddos who go to bed closer to 8! i'm thinking we'll leave the door open until after S falls asleep and hope like crazy she'll stay sleeping through all the racket that might ensue. Once she's actually asleep she's usually a pretty deep sleeper (she slept through the smoke detector going off once) it's just getting her to that deep sleep that might be the issue.
  • Options
    Trick or Treating ends before LOs bedtime. In your case is just sit on the porch so no one is ringing the bell.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    I am making DH stand out in the cold to hand out candy. He has been gone all week overseas on a business trip he scammed so I have no problem making him do it.
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"