January 2013 Moms
Options

Freaking out

Hello!
As most of you know I am one of the oldest mamas on this board. Well looks like we are going to do it again. Got my bfp last night. Dh and I had decided we were done after ds. Well apparently it took 1 drunken night and...I am 38 and this will be our 4th child. We will need a bigger car and obviously will not be able to afford daycare for 2 infants. Part of me is excited but this is my first ever unexpected pg. I need some words of encouragement here so I do not break down on tears (again).

As always, thank you ladies for your support. (Btw edd 7/4/14)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: Freaking out

• Options
    dreemkin84dreemkin84 member
    edited October 2013

FWIW, I may be PG again too.  This would only be our second though but I'm freaking out about the closeness in age.  There are quite a few of us from this board either pregnant or trying though.  As for your age, I work in a hospital and I see a lot women (even into their 40s) that are pregnant.  You'll be fine!  

ETA: big families are fun!

PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My oldest is 14,10 (both girls) and ds just turned 9 mos. I worry my 2 oldest owl feel like they are being replaced (2nd marriage)

• Options
    Bo710- thank you for the smile :)

• Options
    Oh! I need a suggestion for a larger vehicle. I drive a 4runner and it will not be large enough. I HATE minivans (used to own one and it did not do well in snow). And suburbans are stupid expensive.

• Options
    Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Congratulations. Once the initial shock wears off you will be fine. You are already preparing (new vehicle) so you can handle is. A fourth of July baby......nothing like fireworks for your birthday! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats, your age is just fine IMO I'm 30 and had DD Jan 14th a month before my 30th.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations! I think it will be great for your ds to have someone close to his age to play with. Especially since his sisters are so much older.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Congrats!! I would also love 4 kids, but I just stared with my first at 36 and IF so not sure it's in our cards either. We have the Chevy Traverse and love it. We've had every seat filled with big kids and adults and everyone fit comfortably.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    Congrats! I'm a little jealous...
  • Options
    We also just found out we are pregnant (with our second).  I will be 35 when this bundle of joy arrives.  DD is 9m10d today and will be just over 17m when this new LO arrives.  This LO is a kinda-surprise, in that we were planning on TTC again soon, but one night we were out of condoms and decided to "take the chance".  We are really excited, though absolutely nervous about what the age gap will do to us.

For our babies, we are pretty excited to have them so close in age.  I'm really close to my brother and our age difference is similar.

As for a car suggestion.  We just went through this when my car was written off shortly after DD was born.  We knew we were going to have our family fairly quickly (and DH keeps telling me we are going to have 4 children).  We plan on having 3-4 children in car seats at any one time, and likely 2 rear-facing for a time.  To add to the challenge, DH is "unnecessarily" tall and so requires his seat all the way back, and then there are the financial concerns.

We looked at the Toyota Highlander, Mitsubishi Outback, and a couple of others that are not coming to me now.  We found that none of their 3rd rows were especially functional (OMG you would have to not like who ever you send to the 3rd row of the Highlander).  Vans were generally out of our price range, except the Dodge Grand Caravan, which we heard terrible reliability stories about.  Enough to scare us off.

In the end we bought a Mazda 5, and we love it.  It is nearly the price of a car and the same footprint of a sedan (i.e. easy to park and maneuver around a city).  Seats 6, and a 3rd row that even DH can fit in.  With the front seats all the way back, we can still fit 2 rear facing car seats in the 2nd row, and 2 forward facing car seats in the 3rd row.  We have had multiple combinations of adults and kids in car seats in it numerous times with no problems.  And it is great on gas, much more so then any of the vehicles I mentioned above.
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You ladies are awesome!! Thank you!

• Options
    TomW&JennD  We had the Highlander before we got our van, and the 3rd row wasn't actually that bad to sit in.  My mom and MIL were comfortable enough back there and neither are short (~5'9").  I could also get 2 carseats back there, although that left us with no trunk space.  Don't expect to still get a stroller or groceries back there with the 3rd row up!  It is also really, really hard to get the kids buckled up in the 3rd row.  Good thing I'm flexible!  All told, I loved my Highlander, but it just wasn't going to work for 3 kids and we are looking at starting to TTC next month.

I have to admit, we did upgrade to the Sienna Minivan (my soul dies a bit just saying that).  I hate that I now drive a minivan (always swore I wouldn't) but I absolutely love the functionality of it. The sliding doors make a world of difference, no more worrying about how tight the parking spots are.  The functionality of it more than makes up for the dreaded minivan aspect.  We plan on having the van for around 10 years.  Basically until we are done/mostly done with carseats and strollers (we want 3-4 kids).  Then we'll re-evaluate and maybe get an SUV again.  I refuse for the van to be my forever vehicle, but for right now, there is (in my mind) no better vehicle for us.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Congratulations!  And you're not even 40 yet, you are a youngster :).  I had DD at 43 and will not have another child...but not because of my age (well, not directly.  I need to save for retirement instead of paying for daycare, which would not have been the case if I was 20).  I have yet to meet a OB/GYN who was shocked at my age or who discouraged me from having a second child!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"